Going in with Cash Offer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gilligan

Reaction score
Best price is usually when they think you’re financing with either no trade or a paid off trade. Tell them what they wanna hear until you get the price you want on paper. Then pull out the check book.

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What has been posted is true. Only problem with Ford financing is they do not give special financing on Raptors. I tried at the dealers where I was shopping for my 18. If I could get 1-2.99% I would have done it. They said nope. I went ahead and paid cash. I am sure some dealers can negotiate lower terms that benefit them by sourcing out financing elsewhere than FOMOCO. The dealers I was working with were only going through Ford. Don't know why, didn't matter really.

Sam

Trackar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One dealer tried to have me finace through Ford at a 7% rate, but I can get a 2-2.5% through BOA. If you can't secure a low rate then definitely pay cash, if the rates go up by the time my truck gets here, will definitely pay cash. That sucks that some dealers only let you finace through Ford

chizchiz

Reaction score
Back to OPs original question.... Cash prob has minimal difference. Where you are located has 1000x more to do with what you can expect. If you live in Denver or the West Coast good luck even getting MSRP. If you live in the midwest or south you might be able to get upwards of $5k off depending on the dealer. Best of luck, cars.com is your friend.....

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Cash offer doesn't make it better for dealer. Only worse. And they actually do not want actual cash.

So tell them you will be financing then after making deal, pay how ever you want

TK85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It didn’t make a difference for me when I bought mine. Paying cash or a cashiers check is giving the dealership the same amount of money so don’t bother packing cash up

OP
OP
Skyhigh18

Skyhigh18

Reaction score
Thanks, i'll usually do what I do and keep at them to get the lowest price. Here they had a $10,000 markup on them, now dealer called and said they are offering $4000 over sticker.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would also reconsider paying cash, if your credit is good you might as well try to score a ~2% interest rate while you can. If you're able to put the ~80k to use in some form of investment

Solid advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk