Going in with Cash Offer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nelsonm6

Reaction score
I can't offer any advice, as far as your cash offer, but congrats on being able to pay 75 grand cash for a bad ass truck! Good luck!

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
don't tell them you have a cash offer. Work your price before you talk finance.

Many dealers get a "kick back" from the banks, or even fomoco finance for starting off a high term loan. If you tell them you have cash or your own financing up front, they may keep you at MSRP to pad their bottom line.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I assume you asking if I pay all cash they will give me a discount? I don't think that approach will not work on the Raptor.

The raptor is not like any other vehicle so it is not going to matter if you pay cash. Just my opinion.

Found a 2019 802A, Performance blue, sticker $75120. What can I expect if I go in with cash?

pierceography

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't offer any advice, as far as your cash offer, but congrats on being able to pay 75 grand cash for a bad ass truck! Good luck!

If it's all cash, you're likely looking at even less motivation from the dealership. Ford offers incentives to finance through Ford Credit for a reason, though the Raptor rarely qualifies for those.

If I were you, I'd see if they could offer you any discounts by financing through FC or whatever bank the dealership might get a kickback from, then immediately pay off the loan.

But honestly, I would just haggle on the vehicle without even bringing up how you intend to finance the purchase.

Trackar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From my experience, cash only helps the dealer know you're very interested and willing to take it home that day. The dealer still gets paid at the end of the day no matter what. Just depends if you pay them or if the bank does. So cash may only help take off what they were willing to take off anyways (if anything) since they know it'll be a definite sale if all goes well. Private party is another story.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My friend has the same thought. Walk in with cash = get killer deal.

Why would it work that way? Cash, check, credit, financing- it all spends the same in the end. It's not like they can do it under the table and not pay taxes on that cash.