Go Pro roll bar mount.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackMamba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2012-05-25_17-46-53_400.jpg

Anyone using a roll bar mount? Always thought the view from the light bar would be a cool one.

Mount seems fairly sturdy. But figure I will zip tie the unit to the light bar just in case. Also considering wrapping the bar with something rubber to possibly improve the clamp's hold.

Last edited:

Dkyacht

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fyi I have used all the gopro mounts for over a year with no issues. A buddy of mine has a professional drag car that he uses the stock gopro mounts on at 200 mph and they never budge!! Even the suction cup mounted outside the car is solid. I think the paint would come off before the suction cup.

Dave.

OP
OP
B

BlackMamba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fyi I have used all the gopro mounts for over a year with no issues. A buddy of mine has a professional drag car that he uses the stock gopro mounts on at 200 mph and they never budge!! Even the suction cup mounted outside the car is solid. I think the paint would come off before the suction cup.

Dave.

Good to know. Thanks for the reply!

NY SCREW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
that is going to give some awesome videos man good idea cant wait to see what this produces

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Personally I like using the headstrap... Sounds goofy I know, but you get a really cool view from the driver's perspective and everyone watching gets to see all the driver's input while romping

dan200

Reaction score
All the mounts go pro makes are legit.

one of the most popular camera angles is against the back wall of the cab so you can see the occupants head and steering wheel.

desert racers mount a few and that shot i enjoy the most (when its combined with a roof forward facing shot.

also, up high is better IMO. on thr bumper like you are saying seems too low and contains no static image so theres nothing to give the shot scale or perspective.

check out the double sided tape mount. we use those in off road racing all the time and they work awesome.

play around in the drive way and your neighborhood with different angles to see what ya like before ya go get rad in the dirt and film a run that looks lame on video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc