GJ Motorsports 3rd Brakelight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dewback75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like my planned light set-up is the go-to. I definitely want to run the ambers for any group runs. the cargo light is bonus. I was not thinking of running them on a day-to-day basis. That said. I think the simple harness is the way to go. I want to have the cargo on the existing ”switch”; not tied to an up fitter switch. The two ambers would be on one switch. Is this how the basic harness works? Whats the y-splitter for?

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like my planned light set-up is the go-to. I definitely want to run the ambers for any group runs. the cargo light is bonus. I was not thinking of running them on a day-to-day basis. That said. I think the simple harness is the way to go. I want to have the cargo on the existing ”switch”; not tied to an up fitter switch. The two ambers would be on one switch. Is this how the basic harness works? Whats the y-splitter for?
That’s correct. The basic harness will connect the center light to the existing cargo wire. The splitter is just to connect both side lights into one since you’re connecting it to one switch. I just use a larger butt connector to go from 2 to 1

RaptorActual

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The three brake lights plug right into the oem harness and with the standard harness had a wire for both of the outside ambers and one for the center white to go right to the aux switches. I had the reverse light tap in but ended up not connecting it and get a strobe kit from LVJ motorsports

Dewback75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wait? Heh. What wait. No waiting with us. By now i'm sure you installed that sucker and are using it
:) YEs, package was delivered a few weeks ago. Now the waiting is on my side; need to finish a kitchen remodel first. Soon! And I'll let you all know how the install goes.

Dewback75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally installed the brake light last night. Took about two hours; and that was mainly just taking my time and cleaning up dirt & debris, and making the wiring tight. It was simple, but not because of any directions from the manufacture (holy hell would it kill a company to put together a step-by-step guide for a product that's been on the market this long and is this popular...)

Any way, beyond the great help on this forum I managed to find this video on Youtube that helped double check my assumptions and provided the last bit of advice I needed. If you are in this group; my many thanks for taking the time to make the guide.

My appreciation to @BenBB , @Jhollowell , and @RaptorActual for the advice to my specific questions. And thanks to @4x4TruckLEDs.com for the fast shipping.

My early read on the lights: The whole kit is worth it. It's a solid, quality kit from end to end (aside from poor documentation). It has a great subtle but upgrade look to it. And they are BRIGHT. If you are on the fence; get off of it and buy them.

Pic is from across the Street around mid-day (full sun). You cannot look at them without seeing spots.

1694182438133.png

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Looks good. Yeah it's a solid brake light. Too bad support is basically non-existent and the manufacturer doesn't seem to care about it's customers. Such a shame.

Bigperm

Reaction score
Love the install on this. Got a gen3. Been in the fence about it, not sure why.
I do want a a chase light. Anyone use the NMO and is it worth having it?