Giant thank you to Bruce at Hush Audio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oldfart,

Forgot to ask. You have a pic of the sub in place? I assume it takes the place of the OE Sub? I've honestly not folded down my seat so don't even know what it looks like back there.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tons of ex-Californians here - Toyota brought a ton. No state income tax - automatic pay raise!
I left Cali in 91’ when it was starting to get bad. Plus you have the best BBQ and Mexican food on the planet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hush Car Audio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Hush Car Audio I am very interested in the upgrade you sold @Oldfart It sounds like a great way to spend a reasonable amount of money for the outcome. Please let me know how to move forward

thank you

Please private message me or send and email to [email protected]. I'll need to know exactly what you are trying to achieve and your budget to get started.

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oldfart,

Forgot to ask. You have a pic of the sub in place? I assume it takes the place of the OE Sub? I've honestly not folded down my seat so don't even know what it looks like back there.

It fits in a few inches more towards the center of where the stock sub went. I centered it between the 2 body bolts. It's a very tight fit, to the point that it doesn't quite fit flat on the floor. It hangs up a little on the nuts that go on the body bolts. I used a Dremel to take about 1/4" off the lip of the sub enclosure on each side right where it contacted the body bolts to give it a little more room. I hit it with a little black paint when I was done. There is about 1/2" lip on either side that sticks out from the sub case, so you aren't weakening anything to buzz a little off. You end up with the jack being pretty close on the passenger side, but it still works well, and can be used/stored normally.

EVL-1X65D4-V-LP-1_2000x.jpg

Where you see the red spot between the amp & sub is the tip of one of the body bolts. I sleeved it with a piece of vinyl hose that I hit with a heat gun and jammed it down over the nut to prevent vibrations and so it wouldn't damage the sub, and also Dremeled away about 1/4" half circle on each side to give it a little more room. That let it sit slightly lower which helps a lot. Now I have about 1/4" between the seat frame and the front of the sub grill.

IMG_8346.JPG

upload_2020-7-26_12-25-46.png

upload_2020-7-26_12-26-37.png

Last edited:

Raptus

Full Access Member
Reaction score

0hmygee

Reaction score
Great info.
I'm looking to do something similar for the sub.
@Oldfart Can you take a picture to show how close the sub gets to the seats when it's folded up all the way?

Last edited: