Giant thank you to Bruce at Hush Audio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haha I would love to help you but my wife would kill me if I left her alone with our 3 kids. I know the other vendor on here does travel for installs and has great reviews. Perhaps reach out to him for a quote. I only sell parts online or do local installs. If you want to try and tackle this project I'll be happy to walk you through the process. I keep myself available at all times during the install if you get stuck on something. All you have to do is call me.

Just might take you up on that.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I will echo Oldfart's comments. I got same tweeters, crossovers and door speakers from Hush. I didn't do all the other stuff, but the sound difference is great. Like someone took their hand off from covering the tweeters and kicked up the bass a good amount. Sounds great at low/mid levels. Factory sub still doesn't like heavy bass music at real high volume, but all around it's way better. All for less than $250. Great investment.

I queried the other stereo vendor, he didn't seem too interested in modding Gen 2 stuff. Sounds like he can do a complete system with the best of them though, probably.

DanT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha I would love to help you but my wife would kill me if I left her alone with our 3 kids. I know the other vendor on here does travel for installs and has great reviews. Perhaps reach out to him for a quote. I only sell parts online or do local installs. If you want to try and tackle this project I'll be happy to walk you through the process. I keep myself available at all times during the install if you get stuck on something. All you have to do is call me.
I lived in the Northwoods area in 1980 before moving to Dallas. Old fart spent about $1000 on equipment. What would install run?

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I lived in the Northwoods area in 1980 before moving to Dallas. Old fart spent about $1000 on equipment. What would install run?

Where in Northwoods? I lived on Fir. Do you remember getting those real estate flyers from Kanoa Watt?

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Photo of door set up please!

This is what the front doors looks like opened up, just with the OEM really thin plastic rain cover removed from the door hole, and the stock speaker out. OEM door hole cover is about the weight of a thick shower curtain and attaches with butyl caulk. It's just to keep water off of the back side of your door panel.

upload_2020-7-25_12-31-22.png

This is with the Second Skin applied and one of Bruce's door panels attached with rivet nuts.

upload_2020-7-25_12-33-46.png

Hush Car Audio

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I think most shops would charge in the 600-800 range to install the amp wiring kit, door speakers, sound deadening, sub, door covers, etc. If doing the install by yourself it would take a day if you've done stuff like this before or two days if you take your time.

DanT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Old Fart - you did all that work? I’m impressed!

This is what the front doors looks like opened up, just with the OEM really thin plastic rain cover removed from the door hole, and the stock speaker out. OEM door hole cover is about the weight of a thick shower curtain and attaches with butyl caulk. It's just to keep water off of the back side of your door panel.

View attachment 148406

This is with the Second Skin applied and one of Bruce's door panels attached with rivet nuts.

View attachment 148408

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I lived on Alba East! I recall Hanu Reddy Real Estate all over Irvine!

I think my neighborhood was Northwood Villa. I was also one of the first owners in Westpark and was the 7th tenant in the first phase of the Tustin Market Place.