Giant motorsports ddl kit install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

Does this beast have the cab caged as well?

So far, Awesome by the way

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
Does this beast have the cab caged as well?

So far, Awesome by the way

Not caged. He mentioned the reason he didn't want to go caged is that he still takes it on long road trips and wouldn't want to use headphones and mics to communicate between passengers.

OP
OP
ntm

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not caged. He mentioned the reason he didn't want to go caged is that he still takes it on long road trips and wouldn't want to use headphones and mics to communicate between passengers.

Vehicles with interior cages are very hard to insure in Canada, besides them being a serious health risk if you're not wearing a helmet. The human body stretches in some astounding ways in an accident, I know a guy that rolled his "tough truck" and had roll bar paint on his helmet and a crack in it. The closest bar was six inches over his head, and he was strapped in tight with a five point. Would have killed him without the helmet...

A good cage is solid gold when you are flying offroad with a helmet on though.

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
Completely agree with that. I've seen some serious injuries from people's daily driver being caged, with 5 point harnesses, and getting into a normal accident on the road without wearing helmets and end up with major head trauma. Your head will not win against a roll bar.

Doing a cage in any truck is a serious commitment if you plan on driving it like any other DD. Not only for the owner of said truck, but for any passengers as well. My personal truck will not be caged until I retire it from DD duties.

Mr Jurassic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@ntm So what was the total cost of this project versus the Front Suspension kit you had previously installed?

OP
OP
ntm

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's some video displaying the axle torsion behaviour at full throttle.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nI4HR25sTdY&feature=youtu.be
It's fun to drive, torque rolls like it means business at wide open throttle, lol !
The max pinion angle can be set by overfilling the bumps on oil, the anti squat adjusted by oil weight (to an extent), and the sway behaviour by nitrogen pressure.
After doing some tuning this spring I don't know any other way to describe it other than it just never runs out of traction. Makes the truck feel like it needs more power, and that's a first for me personally.
Only concern left at this point is how the dramatic anti squat behaviour will effect it in long strings of medium sized whoops. I might have to drop the static ride height a bit more in the rear since it lifts a bit under load.

Random pics from finishing up the truck:

image.jpg5_zps3xmn1pa1.jpg

image.jpg6_zpsqzh8nypp.jpg

image.jpg7_zpscnu9nwph.jpg

image.jpg4_zpst9edd1jv.jpg

image.jpg2_zpsaa5tlqqz.jpg

GBrown1867

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its looking really good. Bring it down and join us on one of our runs. Would really like to see it in person and see how it performs.

Darthyota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's some video displaying the axle torsion behaviour at full throttle.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nI4HR25sTdY&feature=youtu.be
It's fun to drive, torque rolls like it means business at wide open throttle, lol !
The max pinion angle can be set by overfilling the bumps on oil, the anti squat adjusted by oil weight (to an extent), and the sway behaviour by nitrogen pressure.
After doing some tuning this spring I don't know any other way to describe it other than it just never runs out of traction. Makes the truck feel like it needs more power, and that's a first for me personally.
Only concern left at this point is how the dramatic anti squat behaviour will effect it in long strings of medium sized whoops. I might have to drop the static ride height a bit more in the rear since it lifts a bit under load.

Random pics from finishing up the truck:

image.jpg5_zps3xmn1pa1.jpg

image.jpg6_zpsqzh8nypp.jpg

image.jpg7_zpscnu9nwph.jpg

image.jpg4_zpst9edd1jv.jpg

image.jpg2_zpsaa5tlqqz.jpg
so its ready for saturday? i don't know how even stock you were never wanting more power, i personally think the truck needs more power especially in the gravel