getting bugs off vehicle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

Banned
Reaction score
Don't you have a little brother or a nephew? Heil tell them you'll give them $5 to get the bugs off. Just be sure to supervise them, just incase they find the sandpaper....

Aha I do have a younger brother, but he wouldn't do it for $5.

I'll try the various methods suggested and see what works best for future reference.

For comparisons sake, the corvette in the video posted above looks freshly cleaned compared to the front if the van lmao. It's got a layer of bugs. Can't web see the paint.

Tautog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aha I do have a younger brother, but he wouldn't do it for $5.

I'll try the various methods suggested and see what works best for future reference.

For comparisons sake, the corvette in the video posted above looks freshly cleaned compared to the front if the van lmao. It's got a layer of bugs. Can't web see the paint.

I use BMW bug and tar remover on my wifes car and big blue, works very good be sure to follow instructions...:boxed:

Everready

Reaction score
On my Harley fairings I take a large towel and soak it in hot water place itover the area you want to get them off of and let it soak in for about 10 minutes then try washing them off... it worked wonders for me!

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Our Waterless Wash is an excellent choice for safely removing bug guts. It softens and emulsifies the bug guts, allowing them to be removed without scratching your paint.

Once they are removed, protection is the key! Get a coat of wax or sealant on there and the bugs will slide right off!

OP
OP

Banned
Reaction score
Well I washed it yesterday, used up the last of my meguiar's quick detailer, as well as the last if the quick wax. So I guess I'll be placing an order with Adams soon.

Just for the hell of it here's some pics.

ga6asy2e.jpg

amedy2e5.jpg

adamy3yj.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc