General Grabbers ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

panda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, as whisler151 said - we've compared both. Generals were quieter, I think the trade off is that the Toyos probably do a bit better in the mud.

Your biggest problem if you decide on Generals will be finding them. From what I've heard, they are scarce right now, with no good news on availability anytime soon.

*I should mention we are talking about the Toyo Open Country MT, not the AT. The MT definitely is louder than stock.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm glad that I drove Panda's truck with the Toyos first. Otherwise I would have thought something was wrong as you can feel the knobs at low speed. At first I thought something was loose way out of alignment. Took a little getting used to at first coming from the SMOOTH stock tires.

The stock tires still have a hum to them if you have the radio off. I highly doubt the Toyos are less quiet than stock.

Panda and I drove each others truck with the purpose of comparing noise...the Toyos are louder.

I would have no problem driving on either tire, I like the look of the Generals better, but the Toyos would be a close second.

Gotcha...I've only seen Grabbers in person one time and have never actually driven/ridden on them so thanks for the feedback.

Yeah, as whisler151 said - we've compared both. Generals were quieter, I think the trade off is that the Toyos probably do a bit better in the mud.

Your biggest problem if you decide on Generals will be finding them. From what I've heard, they are scarce right now, with no good news on availability anytime soon.

*I should mention we are talking about the Toyo Open Country MT, not the AT. The MT definitely is louder than stock.

Yeah...I'll take y'alls word for it. But I will say that I did find my Toyo M/T's quiet...I always had my stereo up when highway driving so I never noticed much of anything until they got about 30,000 miles on them, they started to get loud. Again, nothing unbearable and definitely quieter than my current Trail Grapplers.

Thanks for the info guys! :waytogo:

6isntenough

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know when the grabbers will become available? im being told they are STILL on backorder -_-

panda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's been the story for months, 6isntenough. I'm not sure what General is up to these days, but it doesn't seem like manufacturing enough tires is on the list at the moment.

---------- Post added at 11:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

Oh, but if you want 37s - there is a great set posted on the forum right now:

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f29/f-s-37-general-grabbers-13593/

Boss327

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know when the grabbers will become available? im being told they are STILL on backorder -_-
I called a few weeks ago and the guy said he had no idea. I asked how long it usually takes and he said 2-3 months so that would be around the end of July if he's right.

I think I might just cancel my order. If I had a blowout or messed up a tire, replacements would be hard as hell to get.