General Grabbers ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bryson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How are the General Grabbers? i want them. Are they good? :peace:

2012 super-crew
| Ford Racing Light Bar (KC lights) | Ford Racing Cam covers (Blue) | Airaid cold air intake | 5-Star SCT tune | borla s-type exhaust| ridgid ind. fog lights| TRAIN HORN|

whisler151

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Heavier than Toyos?

I think they are about the same weight as the Toyos.

I love my Generals. They are quite a bit heavier than stock, and you will definitely feel the difference but you'll get used to it. They are also nosier than stock, but not as noisy as the Toyos. I find the truck wandering more on the road than it did with stock tires.

In the looks department they are unreal. They make the truck look a lot more aggressive. When I park next to my father-in-law's Raptor it makes his tires look like 33s.

I will never switch to another tire, I love the Grabbers.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I think they are about the same weight as the Toyos.

I love my Generals. They are quite a bit heavier than stock, and you will definitely feel the difference but you'll get used to it. They are also nosier than stock, but not as noisy as the Toyos. I find the truck wandering more on the road than it did with stock tires.

In the looks department they are unreal. They make the truck look a lot more aggressive. When I park next to my father-in-law's Raptor it makes his tires look like 33s.

I will never switch to another tire, I love the Grabbers.

You had loud Toyos? Mine were silent.

whisler151

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You had loud Toyos? Mine were silent.

Panda and I did a test between his truck and mine...the Toyo Open Country tires are definitely louder than the Generals Grabbers.

Neither tire is annoyingly loud, but to say they don't have an audible hum is a lie.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pros:
-they look amazing
-in the dirt they handle better than anything else I've tried yet; that includes the stock BFGs on my Raptor, BFG mud terrains on a different truck, and MT Baja's on a different truck.
-wet traction both on and off road seem to be improved
-on the road you can feel the 'knobs' at lower speeds; I kind of dig that.

Cons
-heavy heavy heavy
-noisy on the street. You will notice.
-on the road you can feel the 'knobs' at lower speeds; some don't dig that.

If they weren't so heavy, I'd buy them again as a no brainier. But since they are, I'm not sure. I really like what I saw and heard from Greg, especially after the TRR with his Kevlar GoodYear DuraTrac's.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Panda and I did a test between his truck and mine...the Toyo Open Country tires are definitely louder than the Generals Grabbers.

Neither tire is annoyingly loud, but to say they don't have an audible hum is a lie.

I guess I'm comparing them to my Trail Grapplers that I have now that are louder. I miss my Toyos. Wish I would have paid the extra $200 for them. Although I might have to consider the Grabbers once I eventually get the Raptor.

whisler151

FRF Addict
Reaction score
on the road you can feel the 'knobs' at lower speeds; I kind of dig that.

Yeah, I'm glad that I drove Panda's truck with the Toyos first. Otherwise I would have thought something was wrong as you can feel the knobs at low speed. At first I thought something was loose way out of alignment. Took a little getting used to at first coming from the SMOOTH stock tires.

I guess I'm comparing them to my Trail Grapplers that I have now that are louder. I miss my Toyos. Wish I would have paid the extra $200 for them. Although I might have to consider the Grabbers once I eventually get the Raptor.

The stock tires still have a hum to them if you have the radio off. I highly doubt the Toyos are less quiet than stock.

Panda and I drove each others truck with the purpose of comparing noise...the Toyos are louder.

I would have no problem driving on either tire, I like the look of the Generals better, but the Toyos would be a close second.