General Grabbers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very well put BO.

Thanks man. I would have handled my current issues with UPS that you and I discussed the same way, but due to all the back-and-forth and waiting, I decided to find out how much it would cost me to pay for it myself out of pocket... when I found out the cost was $20, I determined that the time I was spending fighting the claim was worth more to me than $20 and just bit the bullet.

Time = Money and $20 doesn't buy much time these days. .....but when you're talking about something that costs several hundred or several thousand dollars, then it also becomes about principle and protecting yourself from people trying to or allowing you to get ripped off.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats some solid advise Bo, specially for the everyday customer. But I have to be careful how I do this. At this point my job is more important than a set of tires. I can't expect to light up a shit show at my place of employment and not expect some sort of negative repercussion even if I am the customer at that time. But really, it's not the dealership thats trying to play games, these are my coworkers and friends. If anything they're are sticking up for me because they agree my tires are ******. The rep is the one that stated that it must be my driving. Trust me, it's not over yet. I just need to take some precautions during my plan of attack.

OP
OP
B

BOJANGLES

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats some solid advise Bo, specially for the everyday customer. But I have to be careful how I do this. At this point my job is more important than a set of tires. I can't expect to light up a shit show at my place of employment and not expect some sort of negative repercussion even if I am the customer at that time. But really, it's not the dealership thats trying to play games, these are my coworkers and friends. If anything they're are sticking up for me because they agree my tires are ******. The rep is the one that stated that it must be my driving. Trust me, it's not over yet. I just need to take some precautions during my plan of attack.

that's a very good point that I hadn't considered Pirate. While I was typing all that I had completely forgotten you actually work there.

Job > Tires for sure!!

Yeah, your situation is unique, but I still think that using documentation and playing it cool but persistent could only help your cause.
You and I both know for a fact that we have defective tires, it's just a matter of getting your rep to see the light.
Good luck Bro, keep us posted.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good luck Bro, keep us posted.

Thanks man.

So who did you order your generals from? Looks like I might have to make a tire buy sooner than I expected. After looking at mine again tonight, I started investigating all the little cuts they have in between the tread blocks. The cuts in most cases go down to the cords. Can't say I was shocked when I pulled a piece of GRAVEL out of my tread and found it had started cutting into the tire. So looks like no long trips or high speed adventures till it gets some new tires. Even If I can get Ford to replace them, there's no guarantee on how long this shit will take. If it drags out too long I wont have much choice then to buy another set of tires, or park it:whymewhyme:

OP
OP
B

BOJANGLES

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks man.

So who did you order your generals from? Looks like I might have to make a tire buy sooner than I expected. After looking at mine again tonight, I started investigating all the little cuts they have in between the tread blocks. The cuts in most cases go down to the cords. Can't say I was shocked when I pulled a piece of GRAVEL out of my tread and found it had started cutting into the tire. So looks like no long trips or high speed adventures till it gets some new tires. Even If I can get Ford to replace them, there's no guarantee on how long this shit will take. If it drags out too long I wont have much choice then to buy another set of tires, or park it:whymewhyme:

I went to 4 Wheel Parts here locally because they had a special at the time where you get a free GPS when purchasing a set. They had the same promotion on their website at the time (2-3 weeks ago). The promotion isn't on there anymore, but maybe they will still honor it if you call them up and sweet talk 'em.

http://www.4wheelparts.com/subcategory.aspx?catID=13&subCat=486#

IRONMAN

Reaction score
FORD of all companies should be concerned with tire issues after there battle with FIRESTONE Tires.
Your not the only one out there with these similar problems with there tires.
There was one guy on another forum jesse101 who had big problems and
ended up going to SEARS to cover the tires.
I actually purchased a warranty through DISCOUNT TIRE over here in Michigan
and they will cover any issues that I may have in the future.
Cost was $40/ tire but to me it was worth it.
Read this article. Good info.
http://www.usautoinjurylaw.com/cases/tires/index.htm?gclid=COiLrLT9oKMCFRsNswodihHU5Q

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FORD of all companies should be concerned with tire issues after there battle with FIRESTONE Tires.
Your not the only one out there with these similar problems with there tires.
There was one guy on another forum jesse101 who had big problems and
ended up going to SEARS to cover the tires.
I actually purchased a warranty through DISCOUNT TIRE over here in Michigan
and they will cover any issues that I may have in the future.
Cost was $40/ tire but to me it was worth it.
Read this article. Good info.
http://www.usautoinjurylaw.com/cases/tires/index.htm?gclid=COiLrLT9oKMCFRsNswodihHU5Q

Thats for sure!!

I remember jesse101's thread on the Z, he caught alot of hell in that thread. Was thinking about going to a BFG dealer if Ford plays games, wont hurt.....
I need to look into a tire hazard warranty on my new tires, its good insurance so this kinda crap will get taken care of no matter.