General Grabbers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
general-grabber-dot-legal-street-version-race-tire.jpg

These are the recently released street legal (DOT) Grabber off-road racing tires made by General Tire. They have been drawing rave reviews in more than just racing. Supposedly they have a pretty quiet on road ride compared to tires of their ilk. When you read the typical tire review sites the consensus is that they perform above average-great in a lot of categories like snow, mud, dirt, rock and road.

So I bought a set of these tires and am waiting for a second round of shipping on the rims they will be mounted on (due to UPS slightly damaging 2 of the rims on their way here the 1st time).

The red-out lettering seems to get mixed reviews, but personally I dig it.

When I get them mounted I will add pics and a review of how they feel in comparison to my worn-out (defective) BFG stock tires.

In the meantime, check this bad ********** out there puttin' 'em to work!!!

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Cool video. Would like to here your review for sure. Red letters not a big fan. Can they be turned inside out?

OP
OP
B

BOJANGLES

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool video. Would like to here your review for sure. Red letters not a big fan. Can they be turned inside out?

I THINK the red-lettering is on both sides, but to tell you the truth I'm not sure. The set I have is sitting at my local 4 Wheel Parts store waiting to be mounted when the rims come in. I've only seen mine in person once, when I went down to pay for them, and I didn't even think to look at the other side because I like the red lettering.

If anyone else knows for sure, please clarify.

EDIT: Tires have red lettering on one side, black on the other

OP
OP
B

BOJANGLES

Supporting Member
Reaction score
By the way, there was a promotion going on through 4 Wheel Parts when I bought mine recently where you get a rebate for a free GPS unit. I won't use it in the truck since I have the in-dash nav, but at least I can throw it in my project 4Runner or take it with me when traveling, renting cars, etc.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
These tire seem very nice. I'm very disappointed in the quality of the bf's.
Mine only have 8000 miles mainly city driving and they look abused.
I've had 2 other sets on my old F-150 sc and they never looked this bad.

OP
OP
B

BOJANGLES

Supporting Member
Reaction score
These tire seem very nice. I'm very disappointed in the quality of the bf's.
Mine only have 8000 miles mainly city driving and they look abused.
I've had 2 other sets on my old F-150 sc and they never looked this bad.

My stockers are a joke. I got some out of the defective batch that a few Raptor owners seem to have received. They are so soft they are shredding. I know I've mentioned this before, so sorry if I sound redundant, but I can pull hanging chunks of rubber off of mine with my fingers. They are shredded with slices, chunks, and gashes. Jules pointed out exposed steel on one of 'em recently, and I only have 5500 miles. I know I drive hard as shit, but keep in mind, so does Jules.... his Raptor that has probably double-triple my mileage and runs mostly the same terrain has stock tires that still look fresh. Mine are literally worn to the point where they're dangerous.

Even though I'm getting the Grabbers on soon, I decided to show my dealer what was going on. He took photos and submitted them to Ford. They agreed they are defective and have a replacement set of BFG stockers being sent. Looks like I'm getting 2 sets of fresh tires.

OP
OP
B

BOJANGLES

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I THINK the red-lettering is on both sides, but to tell you the truth I'm not sure. The set I have is sitting at my local 4 Wheel Parts store waiting to be mounted when the rims come in. I've only seen mine in person once, when I went down to pay for them, and I didn't even think to look at the other side because I like the red lettering.

If anyone else knows for sure, please clarify.

ok, I checked on my STILL unmounted Grabbers, (I'm starting to get very annoyed with UPS and I'm typically a VERY patient person, seems like it takes a friggin' act of Congress to go through the shipping damage claims process with all of the inspections etc. on my rims) To answer the question, yes, the other side is black, so you can go black-out lettering if you want.

I'm still gonna go with the red. :drool:

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the red out on the pictures I've seen. Very interested to see how these due since it looks like my stockers are starting to chunk out with less then 2000 miles on the clock.