General Grabber Red Letter in the Snow?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Banned
Reaction score
yep. not only is it scary for the driver, but for everyone around you as well.

see it way to damn often with living up here, people who run shit tires in winter. its just downright scary and dangerous.

Kevin S.

Reaction score
the only thing I trust for deep snow and real off road winter conditions is a dedicated snow tire with this logo on the sidewall that is M+S rated, when temps drop they perform!
winter-tire-logo1.jpg

O/P I would choose either the wrangler duratrac, they are unbelievable in the snow/cold weather - plus you can stud them.
3_z+4x4_truck_tire_tech+goodyear_wrangler_duratrac.jpg
Another option would be the wrangler territories
0069766209368_500X500.jpg

Or the Nokian Vatiiva - rated as a true M/T with the snow
Vatiiva_mt.jpg

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

Last edited:

Banned
Reaction score
eh, i dont really consider tires with the M+S great tires simply because it says M+S

my old tires WERE M+S rated, but were absolutely terrible in winter.

Kevin S.

Reaction score
eh, i dont really consider tires with the M+S great tires simply because it says M+S

my old tires WERE M+S rated, but were absolutely terrible in winter.

oh absolutely they are chit makes/models that do not perform well on dry pavement or in the snow/freezing temps. The ones that I have recommended I do have personal exp with and can vouch for there winter performance. Also with any truck (like the raptor) that can lock the rear end = alot easier to get out of most of the typical loss of traction conditions.

Banned
Reaction score
oh absolutely they are chit makes/models that do not perform well on dry pavement or in the snow/freezing temps. The ones that I have recommended I do have personal exp with and can vouch for there winter performance. Also with any truck (like the raptor) that can lock the rear end = alot easier to get out of most of the typical loss of traction conditions.

yep. i agree with your choices as well.
just wanted to throw my $.02 in as well.

Raptor_Kx250

Reaction score
I don't understand why everyone thinks the red letters are no good for winter. That's all iv ran and it's my third winter don't plan on running any other tire, if you run a lower air pressure and actually know how to drive there great, just the right amount of traction for anyone that likes to let it hang out. Iv ran in upto 3-4 feet snow with no issue if you have momentum.

Last edited:

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just got back from upper Minnesota. In deeper snow the generals were ok at best. On hard pack or slush, complete garbage. Even a light dusting had issues getting out of a gas station.

Driving back through Wisconsin it started snowing and blowing, light dusting and the wind was blowing the back of the truck sideways.

Never again do I run these in the snow. My conti dw on my gti handled snow better than these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk