GEN3 Forscan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jmeo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can just turn it off in your dash. I have a 2023,
Under - Features
Then - Driver Assistance
Then scroll down to the bottom, and turn it off
Correct, I have been using it this way for the past 5 months but every time I put the truck in reverse I get an alert pop up inside the gauge cluster saying that it has been turned off. I am wanting to get rid of the alert that pops up and I thought doing this in ForScan did just that.... Am I wrong?

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@Jmeo have you driven it after making the change? I know sometimes if you make changes in the IPMA you will get that until you drive it and the truck relearns steering center.

Jmeo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Jmeo have you driven it after making the change? I know sometimes if you make changes in the IPMA you will get that until you drive it and the truck relearns steering center.
I did not try driving it. Every time I see the alert my scared ass reverts it back to stock, ha-ha. Could it be that simple?

Jmeo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the reverse braking assist turned off inside the truck settings as such:

Screenshot 2024-01-19 at 2.10.51 PM.png

I get this EVERY TIME I put the truck in reverse:

Screenshot 2024-01-19 at 2.11.02 PM.png

Hence the trying to turn it off in ForScan

Edit: Now that I think about it, I can not be sure it always did it (bad memory), but it has been for the past month or so. Only thing I can think of is that the OTA update changed something and now it's doing it?

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did not try driving it. Every time I see the alert my scared ass reverts it back to stock, ha-ha. Could it be that simple?
@Jmeo could be. Make the change, once the change is made clear any DTCs and go do a little test drive.

Jmeo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shouldn’t you be looking behind you or at the backup cam if you’re backing up? :)

I hear you......but

Having been driving fire apparatus for over 20 years I only use side mirrors. As I turn to look mirror to mirror I cannot help but see the irritating alert on the screen and my OCD wants it gone. I am POSITIVE it was not always there.

Jmeo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Jmeo could be. Make the change, once the change is made clear any DTCs and go do a little test drive.

This seems wrong to me with my past experiences with ForScan. I do not think this is the answer.

**Says the man who has been married twice, and therefore wrong at least twice**

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This seems wrong to me with my past experiences with ForScan. I do not think this is the answer.

**Says the man who has been married twice, and therefore wrong at least twice**
@Jmeo i just looked at it. Looks like a config incompatible DTC. I’ll look into it.