GEN3 Forscan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, all 3 changes are needed. 01-01 and 01-02 are across the board changed, and 01-04 is vehicle specific.

HCM
734-01-01 xxxx xx01
734-01-02 x3xx xxxx
734-01-04 xx56 D1 <<<Raptors

Might take a few key cycles if you have everything right and still doing it.

Correct and they made a post about how to cycle the APIM basically click the wrench and do a module reset once or twice and done.

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So finally had time to go out to the truck and enable the glare free lights. Get in the truck, connect my adapter, turn on accessory mode, load the module....

Extended license required. Now I need to wait up to 8 hours. Ugh.

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Received the license. My changes are getting reverted for some reason. Every time I go back into HCM I get the old values.

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the error I am getting when I try to write a module. Hope someone knows what I am doing wrong...

hcm result.JPG

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am seeing I no longer have the latest version of FORscan. Downloading that now to see if that helps.

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: Newest version of FORScan corrected it. I can now go back into the HCM module and see that the changes are there. There is still the Auto-high beam in settings, not adaptive. I restarted the HCM module a few times and restarted the truck. Are there any other changes needed other than:

HCM
734-01-01 xxxx xx01
734-01-02 x3xx xxxx
734-01-04 xx56 D1 <<<Raptors

EDIT 2:

Figured it out on the Gen 14 F-150 site. There are a lot more changes I was missing including APIM. All updated now, should be working. Will have to see tonight when it gets dark.

Also, I was getting a DTC on the IPMA module, throwing a service procedure interrupted. Multiple restarts of the module did not fix it. I finally brute forced my way in. I would get to 23% then get the service procedure interrupted, then 44%, then 57%, etc. About 8 attempts to open the module got it to 100% and it opened. Strange, maybe a problem with my cable?

Last edited:

GoldBeach

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Figured it out on the Gen 14 F-150 site. There are a lot more changes I was missing including APIM. All updated now, should be working. Will have to see tonight when it gets dark.

Damn, sorry no one was able to jump in here and help out. There's a lot of FORscan support over there, though. Glad you got it worked out!

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn, sorry no one was able to jump in here and help out. There's a lot of FORscan support over there, though. Glad you got it worked out!

Yep sorry I didn’t see this. The lights do have several other code to go with those three. That link I have above has it in there somewhere but it seems you have it worked out.

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep sorry I didn’t see this. The lights do have several other code to go with those three. That link I have above has it in there somewhere but it seems you have it worked out.
Thanks, all. Got it working. Glare free is a freaking game changer. I drive some back roads that are not lit very well, but there is a lot of traffic. Changing between auto high-beams on and off shows how much better the visibility is, particularly on the sides of the road.

Definitely my favorite FORScan change to date.

OP
OP
jjslat

jjslat

Reaction score
Thanks, all. Got it working. Glare free is a freaking game changer. I drive some back roads that are not lit very well, but there is a lot of traffic. Changing between auto high-beams on and off shows how much better the visibility is, particularly on the sides of the road.

Definitely my favorite FORScan change to date.
Since you seem to be the subject matter expert on here do you want to post all the required changes in one message? You said there were a few additional changes needed?