Gen3.5 specific forums?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maritn1000

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well don't know if a 3.5 forum is necessary, but I do have a "2024 refresh" question that perplexes me. I've watched a lot YT videos on Gen 3. Most are at least a year old. Along with Gen 2 videos. Most show what I'm looking for in a tach display.

The tachometer shows my current gear selection, not the RPM. Yes, I know that the dial is there, but the digital readout is what all other F series trucks have. I have read the manual, can't find it.

Anyone else with the same problem?

BigBlue20

Reaction score
Fire up the Gen 2.5 threads. How did we miss that??
I’m holding out for a Gen 2.75 designation. My truck was built in September 2020, and was really supposed to be a Gen 3.

Seriously, as has been said, every year has subtle changes. Let’s not go nuts here trying to be different from others. Let’s face it, we already have a good number of “different folks” on this site.

Last edited:

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had a land rover that was completely eliminated by polarized glasses, the Vette doesn't seem to be effected at all. Might have something to do with the angle of the windshield.
If you have the sunglasses on and tilt your head side to side there will be one angle that eliminates the display, as long as that angle is not vertical you will be able to see it most of the time. The further it is from vertical the better you’ll see it. I agree I think the angle of the windshield and angle of the HUD projector play a huge role.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the HUD actually work with polarized glasses? If it doesn't Id consider that basically the same as zero HUD. I've had HUD that works and doesn't work with polarized.
As others have said, it works to a degree. The degree of which may be the quality of polarization on your lenses. With my Oakley's it's faint but visible in normal driving orientation.