Gen2 features missing from the Gen3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A

aileron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honest answer for this is that too many people were taking their trucks in for service because it was skipping gears. The truck wasn't going through the gears 1-2-3-4-on to 10. They thought there was a problem with the transmission.
I don't think this is the reason, because the non-Raptor F150s still have the gear display and gear lockout. It seems like they put the Raptor settings icons (exhaust, steering, etc.) where the gear indicators are in the normal F150s and couldn't find another place to put the gear display in the Raptor. Despite having an big all-electronic display with tons of empty space. Stupid.

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is the fuggin ambient temp shown in the gauge cluster or during car play? Id upgrade just for that lol.
haha this is so simple and stupid but its true! have to go to ford home screen to see the temp outside

also does anyone have pics of the inverter in the truck? i had no idea it was under the seat... i figured it would be behind because there is some room back there.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
haha this is so simple and stupid but its true! have to go to ford home screen to see the temp outside

also does anyone have pics of the inverter in the truck? i had no idea it was under the seat... i figured it would be behind because there is some room back there.
Dude we had freezing rain this weekend and i watch that temp like a hawk for 32 or below. Sync home screen sucks. The one in my Jeep was great. Ford naaa. I cant understand how they dropped the ball that hard. My WJ from 04 has the temp displayed conveniently in the evic system overhead… 18year old suv! WTF Ford.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Honest answer for this is that too many people were taking their trucks in for service because it was skipping gears. The truck wasn't going through the gears 1-2-3-4-on to 10. They thought there was a problem with the transmission.
If that is true, that has to rank among the dumbest decisions ever. In fact, it almost surpasses the stupidity of a buddy of mine doing his former gf just once and paying child support for the next 21 years.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If that is true, that has to rank among the dumbest decisions ever. In fact, it almost surpasses the stupidity of a buddy of mine doing his former gf just once and paying child support for the next 21 years.
It’s not true. The regular f150 shows the gears. Some people just like to make stuff up.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It’s not true. The regular f150 shows the gears. Some people just like to make stuff up.
I'm sure you are right. I mean after all, getting Ford to do anything because customers complain is a monumental task. Downright impossible.

rp606

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I find out tomorrow morning when I start the truck, but is there a comfort mode on the steering modes??