GEN 3 RAPTOR SEEN ON FREEWAY PHOENIX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FFCJ

Reaction score
Can't get out of my mind every time, including looking at the color of this one, the mandatory blue interior. Ok on some colors, not so much on others (like this pic with blue interior- BARF!)

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That blue interior is a deal killer for me if all I am getting is a37's and 5 link coil with the same old 450/510 3.5.

I love my Gen 2....801a and all.

Fordraptorrrrrrrr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm really going to try hard to get one this year, we will see. Might have to be next year after I get the house unfortunately.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Maybe.... I’m just personally not a fan. Just like dodge and ram putting the HP and TQ on the interior of their vehicles. Just corny to me
It’s only corny unless you’re the ONLY manufacturer that’s producing a vehicle w/ 37” tires

then it’s simply mic drop flexin

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That blue interior is a deal killer for me if all I am getting is a37's and 5 link coil with the same old 450/510 3.5.

I love my Gen 2....801a and all.

i have 801a 2020 & 2018 before that....completely disagree- it’s going to have more power probably like 500, it’s going to have a suspension that doesn’t need to be touched to take advantage of all the performance & it’ll be able to have 37”s stock

so it literally addresses all the big first warranty killing mods gen 2 guys do- 93 octane tune, suspension tweaks/trimming to fit 37”s, & swapping out the rear leafs for deavers/icons

that alone will save ya @ least $5k alone & retain a full warranty

totally worth it

Kaz109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s only corny unless you’re the ONLY manufacturer that’s producing a vehicle w/ 37” tires

then it’s simply mic drop flexin
Nope, still corny . I think the trx Easter eggs are corny as well. I'm not in my early 20s so " flexin " with graphics is corny to me

policedutchdog

Reaction score
Ford made just enough changes to the Gen 3 to keep it interesting. They really didn't need it to be a huge departure from the Gen 2 because the Gen 2's foundation was already pretty solid. The tweeks they did make were simply the ones the Raptor community were asking for. My only disappointment is that they eliminated the Scab but I can certainly understand it from a manufacturing perspective. I'm hoping that the Scab will reemerge with a supercharged V8. If that happens, I will without a doubt make that jump to the Gen 3. Supercharged SCAB on 37's would be perfect.

metallikatz3

Reaction score
i have 801a 2020 & 2018 before that....completely disagree- it’s going to have more power probably like 500, it’s going to have a suspension that doesn’t need to be touched to take advantage of all the performance & it’ll be able to have 37”s stock

so it literally addresses all the big first warranty killing mods gen 2 guys do- 93 octane tune, suspension tweaks/trimming to fit 37”s, & swapping out the rear leafs for deavers/icons

that alone will save ya @ least $5k alone & retain a full warranty

totally worth it

Don't forget that swapping coil springs is a lot easier than swapping leaves out too. Probably 20 min job to do coils and 1-2 hours to do leaves in your driveway

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don't forget that swapping coil springs is a lot easier than swapping leaves out too. Probably 20 min job to do coils and 1-2 hours to do leaves in your driveway

your warranty will be voided too- I’m just pointing out pretty much the main griping points & first mods done by many gen2 raptor owners are eibach/geiser springs, deaver/icon leafs, icon control arms, trying to add 37”s etc + a tune.

Sounds to me like the gen3 addresses all of em, but you keep your warranty, & the parts “should” be better engineered for the intended purpose (while I’m sure there will be plenty of aftermarket stuff available too)

I don’t think people realize what the coil over rear suspension setup alone will do for the handling/ride quality let alone combining w/ 37”s - it’ll be like driving king size mattress on top a lazyboy w/ 500hp & 4wd lol