Gen 3 Raptor is Overpriced, you are all Insane

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parappa The Rapta

Reaction score
The price is a personal choice, there's value in dollars and value in pleasure. I sometimes get **** from people for driving a 2g Raptor but it's my hobby, so while they may spend less on their vehicle over all they spend more on their hobbies.

No the 3g Raptor is a poor choice because Fords rollout of the vehicle had been fuging horrible and you should never beg to be a customer for anything or anyone. There is some serious lunacy in this forum.. thanking people who work for ford with gift baskets, defending their terrible rollout with no info, justifying ADM etc. It's just downright cringy, you're buying a truck folks.. that's it.. it's not a club, it's a product and not a limited one.

Jraptor78

Reaction score
So you make the claim the Vette is a better buy or more worth the money... that's just flat out your opinion and these two vehicles do two completely different things. I think a Vette is a waste of money it's low to the ground, hard to get in and out of, and unless you track it all that capability can't be used legally. The Raptor can haul, tow, be a comfy long haul vehicle, carry 4 people very comfortably and is a great off road machine which costs nothing to hit trails and sand dunes and do all of that and is still pretty quick. If that Vette gets near the wrong curb it's gonna cost ya yet the Raptor can be launched across creeks, snow banks, and dunes and live another day.

mike91

Reaction score
price is so subjective. 75k is a lot but not out of line today. the fact that my wife wants the raptor as her vehicle, which allows me to get a nice used 911 and have the raptor at my disposal to take hunting or whatever makes it a bargain at 75k

Jraptor78

Reaction score
The butthurt is strong in here. Why are so many of you unable to grasp the fact that I am not 'cross-shopping' a Raptor with a Z06?
If your not cross shopping the Vette to the Raptor, then what truck are you getting to go with your z06? Your first post reads like you thought about the Raptor but chose the Z06 instead? There has also been alot of good reason given by folks on why they feel a Raptor is a better value but you pretty much don't respond or are calling people butt hurt for giving valid logical reasons. If you don't actually come to debate you are a troll.

dspangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agree that the gen3 rollout was very poor considering how other new vehicles launched at other companies. It was all bad for everyone, but Ford just didn’t do well with any launch. I will agree that rewarding folks in a call center was, well… gross.
I also am not sure why folks cross shopping get belittled here. You can’t blame people for checking out all the new vehicles and choosing the one that has the cool factor for them. Sometimes you don’t know what you want until you see and drive. I would bet half the buying market buys a purpose vehicle for personal use. My point is don’t disregard cross shoppers.
For value, I would agree that a new Raptor is not good bang for the buck with other available options.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For value, I would agree that a new Raptor is not good bang for the buck with other available options.
For you. If you never go off pavement, the Raptor is a terrible value. If you go off road and don't want to own two vehicles, it's a fantastic value. Value and price are loosely related at best.

Raptor R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the clickbait thread title. But hear me out....

TL;DR: Raptors are a ripoff and I am going to buy a Corvette instead.
Enjoy the corvette. It is a basic entry level sports car. Not a supercar and has never had that title.

Status
Not open for further replies.