Gen 3 Raptor Assault Class 4/21/22

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keshka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
May 25-26 for me! Really stoked to have this opportunity. I am considering taking my Raptor on the trip but am worried about security. We will be staying at Best Western Inn Tooele ...hopefully far enough away from SLC where car theft is at an all time high.

I bet the folks at RA can recommend fun trails in the surrounding area for a day excursion.

Winchester30

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The experience is what you make of it, glad you enjoyed it. I don’t understand why people don’t go or think they’re above it. No matter your experience, a nice social event nonetheless.

Julio

Reaction score
I was at the same class great time and really enjoyed the program, they do a great job showing us how the raptor works in all modes. The jump was awesome. So glad I have a 2021 37pkg. I hope everyone gets to attend the Raptor Assault!

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
May 25-26 for me! Really stoked to have this opportunity. I am considering taking my Raptor on the trip but am worried about security. We will be staying at Best Western Inn Tooele ...hopefully far enough away from SLC where car theft is at an all time high.

I bet the folks at RA can recommend fun trails in the surrounding area for a day excursion.
You're an hour away from Bonneville Salt Flats, near Wendover, NV and from there you could google "Sun Tunnels" which will take you out into the desert west of the Great Salt Lake. From there you can take the Transcontinental Railroad Backcountry Byway (all dirt) and it will spit you out near Snowville, UT. All desert running with wide open spaces and plenty of places to explore. Pack some food and water as it's an all day adventure. If you want to go South for 30 minutes, you have Five Mile Pass Recreation Area with plenty of dirt roads or follow the Old Pony Express Trail which will take you out to the west desert (Google Simpson Spring -- it was a stop on the old Pony Express trail and will get you headed in the right direction). Plenty of places to go and it's all BLM land for the most part, except for Dugway Proving Grounds. Don't venture into Military bases...thats just a bad idea.. Hoping you survive the crime ridden state of Utah LOL...

Last edited:

Keshka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're an hour away from Bonneville Salt Flats, near Wendover, NV and from there you could google "Sun Tunnels" which will take you out into the desert west of the Great Salt Lake. From there you can take the Transcontinental Railroad Backcountry Byway (all dirt) and it will spit you out near Snowville, UT. All desert running with wide open spaces and plenty of places to explore. Pack some food and water as it's an all day adventure. If you want to go South for 30 minutes, you have Five Mile Pass Recreation Area with plenty of dirt roads or follow the Old Pony Express Trail which will take you out to the west desert (Google Simpson Spring -- it was a stop on the old Pony Express trail and will get you headed in the right direction). Plenty of places to go and it's all BLM land for the most part, except for Dugway Proving Grounds. Don't venture into Military bases...thats just a bad idea.. Hoping you survive the crime ridden state of Utah LOL...
WOW! lot's of goodies! Thank you!

PS.....I am ex military and I have had the occasion to pass out the results of "bad idea" and your correct, it's not pretty at all.

OP
OP
Gen3Rappy

Gen3Rappy

Reaction score
Great pics! A little jealous I won't be able to do it since I bought a used Gen 2, but did I read that correctly? 40k miles on your Gen 3 already??
Lol yes sir, this is my work horse. I am a commercial insurance restoration contractor licensed in all 50 states. I don’t fly unless I have to, so i drive to all my jobs. It’s at 43k now.

Keshka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol yes sir, this is my work horse. I am a commercial insurance restoration contractor licensed in all 50 states. I don’t fly unless I have to, so i drive to all my jobs. It’s at 43k now.
I USED to have a job similar. I serviced medical imaging eguipment....averaged 5k miles per month