Gen 3 Pics

• Thread starter Deleted member 17706
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gobluejd

HAIL!!!
Reaction score
Are you going off road? Get 37s. Are you going to Starbucks and the mall? Buy 35s and put on 39s. Is it just a daily around town? Buy a Limited.

I live by an off-road park in Attica, IN. It will be driven off road but not allot. Limited is not my style. Just not digging the Ricardo seats..I am assuming MPG is effected, just not sure how much.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I live by an off-road park in Attica, IN. It will be driven off road but not allot. Limited is not my style. Just not digging the Ricardo seats..I am assuming MPG is effected, just not sure how much.

Sounds to me like you want 35s. Saves you money up front, too. Probably $5k for fluff like Retardos and stickers and $2k for wheels and tires. I'd guess you'll lose about one mpg, but the guys who have gone to 37s on gen2 might well correct me on that. So over the life of the truck? $1000 for gas? Call it $8k.

gobluejd

HAIL!!!
Reaction score
Sounds to me like you want 35s. Saves you money up front, too. Probably $5k for fluff like Retardos and stickers and $2k for wheels and tires. I'd guess you'll lose about one mpg, but the guys who have gone to 37s on gen2 might well correct me on that. So over the life of the truck? $1000 for gas? Call it $8k.

Thanks!

Goosed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you going off road? Get 37s. Are you going to Starbucks and the mall? Buy 35s and put on 39s. Is it just a daily around town? Buy a Limited.

always wondered if the Limited had a better all around ride comfort against the Raptor? Saw your post and wondered if you or anyone out there could comment.

Turning Blue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys what was ford thinking when they made the fender flares on the gen 3?

View attachment 163820

View attachment 163821

To me it looks like they've taken away some of the fender bulge and replaced it with bigger (wider) flares. It is beginning to look like aftermarket flares with gimmicky lights bolted on a standard truck. To me the bulging fenders and bed sides with modest flares were almost perfect. I'll have to make up my mind after I can see one in person...until then, I'm not diggin the new style.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 17706

94f122a6e365ef5d47efc0e12a769752.jpg

I’m not mad at that at all. Throw some 37’s on it and good to go!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once people see them in the real world and in-person most of the negative sentiments will go away. Being a Raptor owner for nearly a decade, I watched Gen 1s complain about the Gen 2, Gen 2s complain about the Gen 1, so it’s not surprising to see the same on the Gen 3. Hands down, the Gen 3 is the best truck money can buy and everyone will want one.

Nice find on the picture!

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I like that view, with the exception of the hood vent. The bulges on either side appear higher than the G2 making the vent look low. I’d like to raise the vent a few inches (in CF) for a bolder look....