Gen 3 Pics

• Thread starter Deleted member 17706
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CHMP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll go on record right now so everyone count it. The Raptor R is going to be the Gen2+ aesthetics this whole forum was hoping for, with an all electric drivetrain. Right at the last second of the official Ford announcement, they will admit "Raptor R" was just a nickname and the real model name will be the Ford Lightning.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Guys what was ford thinking when they made the fender flares on the gen 3?

They were thinking that you needed a place to set your beer when you were changing a tire. :)

Seriously, designers and artists(and many customers) are retarded. Everything has to be new and different. Often for the sake of just being new and different. Sometimes that's OK, but sometimes there isn't much room to "innovate" and you get some really weird stuff. Pity the designer. He's got to work with 95% stock F150 parts, like doors, headlights, interior, etc. The fenders have to fit 37s at full travel. It needs to have the DOT required lights, 5mph bumpers, etc. And it has to be cheap to build. What's left to leave your artistic mark on? Fender flares, graphics, rims, little BS flourishes.

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From those pics, they only way to tell the difference between a Gen2 and Gen3 is by looking at the headlights

gobluejd

HAIL!!!
Reaction score
Does that one have just 35’s? I am not sure I want the 37’s. How much does that effect MPG? Going to be my daily driver.