GEN 3 Official Aftermarket Wheels Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you’re going from 33 to 35 or 35 to 37 the feel is much much more dependent on the gearing change than the weight. I generally agree with you but when you’re talking off road vehicles with smaller wheels, I don’t find wheel weights matter a ton. The biggest difference is tire weight because that weight is distributed so much farther from the axle and thus has a significantly higher moment of inertia than the wheel.
Yup I get that. I stand behind feeling the 7 lb difference.
Same tires(37s) with lighter wheels.

valley3

Reaction score
Yes I felt the difference immediately. Maybe I should have called the 13lb weight gain from 86-99 dramatic but the 7 lb loss was also noticeable.

Sports car or not you'll feel the difference. Ask any Jeep owner whose gone from 33 to 35 or 35 to 37.

This guy went from the base 35 wheel to a huge 37 glamor wheel. If you can't feel that difference you're a serial killer.
Difference was definitely felt… But IMO it was not crazy or dramatic at all. But also that’s probably due to the fact that I swapped them out pretty quickly after getting the truck so never got fully accustomed to any of the stock setup. I hated the base wheels and wanted more meat than the 35 KO2’s lol!

BIGW0RM

Highest Access Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a neighbor who bought KMC impact beadlocks with 37 KO's C rated skinnies. They rims are 17x9 Zero offset. I personally was looking for 17x9 ET 12 rims which I ran on my gen2 just fine. But the wheels my neighbor has for sale are VERY nice. I looked in there. But could not find any posts of 17x9 zero offset I see tons of 17x8.5. But will that extra 1/4" per side cause me more issues than its worth?

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a neighbor who bought KMC impact beadlocks with 37 KO's C rated skinnies. They rims are 17x9 Zero offset. I personally was looking for 17x9 ET 12 rims which I ran on my gen2 just fine. But the wheels my neighbor has for sale are VERY nice. I looked in there. But could not find any posts of 17x9 zero offset I see tons of 17x8.5. But will that extra 1/4" per side cause me more issues than its worth?
Adding width without changing the offset doesn’t move the tire tread at all, it just pulls the sidewalls out a bit so instead of looking as ballooned, the tire will look more square. I doubt it would make a substantial difference in fitment, maybe a couple mm.

It will push the edge of the actual rim out about 6mm, but won’t move the tire much.

FP Forged

Justin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Adding width without changing the offset doesn’t move the tire tread at all, it just pulls the sidewalls out a bit so instead of looking as ballooned, the tire will look more square. I doubt it would make a substantial difference in fitment, maybe a couple mm.

It will push the edge of the actual rim out about 6mm, but won’t move the tire much.
Well said

BIGW0RM

Highest Access Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you gentlemen. Im so tempted to buy these KMC impact beadlocks with 37's. But Im just not sure Im down with zero offset. I remember 17x9 ET12 vorsteiner rims on my gen2 that poked out the perfect amount. Ugh. Decisions decisions.

Attachments

• d839bc6358544551b6fde0d59163f2b3.jpg
    d839bc6358544551b6fde0d59163f2b3.jpg
    367.7 KB · Views: 83

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you gentlemen. Im so tempted to buy these KMC impact beadlocks with 37's. But Im just not sure Im down with zero offset. I remember 17x9 ET12 vorsteiner rims on my gen2 that poked out the perfect amount. Ugh. Decisions decisions.
Those look sick. I didn’t think they made them in 6x135

BIGW0RM

Highest Access Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those look sick. I didn’t think they made them in 6x135

I need to confirm that as well. I ALSO saw that they did not have 6x135 listed on there site. It made me wonder if they just drilled them to 6x135 but are hub centric? Im not ok with hub adapters.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need to confirm that as well. I ALSO saw that they did not have 6x135 listed on there site. It made me wonder if they even are hub centric. Im not ok with hub adapters.
They’re not listed but two of their examples pictured below are Gen 3 Raptors…

Maybe they’ll do custom bolt patterns