GEN 3 Official Aftermarket Wheels Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lol yes obviously a bigger/heavier setup but truly didn’t notice hardly any difference in acceleration or stopping. I’m getting 13 MPG right now. I’ll take it…
The wheel alone is near 10lbs heavier than the stock wheel and tire around 15lbs so if you feel it or not they’re negatively affecting acceleration, braking and fuel economy. It’s not a small difference.

Last edited:

BIGW0RM

Highest Access Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol yes obviously a bigger/heavier setup but truly didn’t notice hardly any difference in acceleration or stopping. I’m getting 13 MPG right now. I’ll take it…
Im a 23, 35" raptor just rolling around orange county, ca suburbia and the most I get is 12.7. Id be happy with 13MPG and 120lb++ wheels too. = )

I do think it looks very nice. I like the mesh look.

Last edited:

valley3

Reaction score
The wheel alone is near 10lbs heavier than the stock wheel and tire around 15lbs so if you feel it or not they’re negatively affecting acceleration, braking and fuel economy. It’s not a small difference.
Yes absolutely agreed. I was just saying it hasn’t been very significant enough to notice a big difference just cruising around.

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes absolutely agreed. I was just saying it hasn’t been very significant enough to notice a big difference just cruising around.
Just for reference I had a 86lb combo and went to a 99lb and immediately noticed the difference driving home from the tire shop. Im now running a 92lb set and it's dramatically better.

If I have the models correct you're running a 41 lb wheel with an 82lb tire and that's 123lbs. That's a huge difference from the stock 35 or 37 package which are both right around 100lbs.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve been through many sets of tires and wheels. The only real difference I’ve ever felt from the driver’s seat is load range (E load is noticeably more stiff) and maybe wheel diameter (17’s vs 22’s).

I think the average driver is not sensitive enough to discern the difference in wheel weight.

My opinion, your opinion may vary

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just for reference I had a 86lb combo and went to a 99lb and immediately noticed the difference driving home from the tire shop. Im now running a 92lb set and it's dramatically better.

If I have the models correct you're running a 41 lb wheel with an 82lb tire and that's 123lbs. That's a huge difference from the stock 35 or 37 package which are both right around 100lbs.
You’re telling me 92# was “dramatically” better than 99#? I’m all for saving unsprung weight but I don’t really believe on a Raptor you’d call 7#/corner dramatic. On a sports car even 7 pounds is a solid savings but still not dramatic.

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You’re telling me 92# was “dramatically” better than 99#? I’m all for saving unsprung weight but I don’t really believe on a Raptor you’d call 7#/corner dramatic. On a sports car even 7 pounds is a solid savings but still not dramatic.
Yes I felt the difference immediately. Maybe I should have called the 13lb weight gain from 86-99 dramatic but the 7 lb loss was also noticeable.

Sports car or not you'll feel the difference. Ask any Jeep owner whose gone from 33 to 35 or 35 to 37.

This guy went from the base 35 wheel to a huge 37 glamor wheel. If you can't feel that difference you're a serial killer.

Last edited:

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes I felt the difference immediately. Maybe I should have called the 13lb weight gain from 86-99 dramatic but the 7 lb loss was also noticeable.

Sports car or not you'll feel the difference. Ask any Jeep owner whose gone from 33 to 35 or 35 to 37.

This guy went from the base 35 wheel to a huge 37 glamor wheel. If you can't feel that difference you're a serial killer.
If you’re going from 33 to 35 or 35 to 37 the feel is much much more dependent on the gearing change than the weight. I generally agree with you but when you’re talking off road vehicles with smaller wheels, I don’t find wheel weights matter a ton. The biggest difference is tire weight because that weight is distributed so much farther from the axle and thus has a significantly higher moment of inertia than the wheel.