Gen 3 Apple Carplay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JPeazy

Reaction score
Anyone else find it annoying that the car automatically defaults to carplay instead of what you had on last before you turned the vehicle off (i.e. sirius XM)? Anyone know of a setting to fix this?

Mazzdog

Reaction score
Mine defaults to XM each time.. though now my XM is not working… I’m just adding it to a list of things to be looked at on my first service. So for now I’m streaming XM through CarPlay.

uscraptor51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone experiencing connection/disconnection issues with CarPlay? Seems like it is acting a little more buggy after activating the Ford Connect crap??? Sometimes resolves itself with turning the radio on/off, but have had a few instances in which it will not reconnect unless you turn the vehicle on/off?

Any updates and/or solutions for wireless/Bluetooth connection issues? I have a iPhone 12 Pro Max which is up to date.

KevoUsmc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone experiencing connection/disconnection issues with CarPlay? Seems like it is acting a little more buggy after activating the Ford Connect crap??? Sometimes resolves itself with turning the radio on/off, but have had a few instances in which it will not reconnect unless you turn the vehicle on/off?

Any updates and/or solutions for wireless/Bluetooth connection issues? I have a iPhone 12 Pro Max which is up to date.
Did your phone just update? Mine just updated to 15.1.1 like the other night, maybe that could be causing the issue?

uscraptor51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did your phone just update? Mine just updated to 15.1.1 like the other night, maybe that could be causing the issue?
It did, but I noticed the gremlins started after activating the Ford Connect? Prior to activiting I never had an issue, but it has now happened a handful of times after having activated … assumed it was a software/connectivity issue with the Ford software?

EMY92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Apple's 15 update has caused many carplay issues. Don't know if it's that or a Sync 4 issue.

aileron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wireless Carplay with my iPhone 13 and iOS 15 has been rock solid. Heck, it's quicker to connect and more reliable than the wired Carplay was in my Gen2.

RaptorFan1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't updated my iphone yet to iOS 15 but I can say the system works really really well. Sound clarity, responsiveness - all have been top notch.

1roadking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am having the same issue with my iPhone 11. It’s only happened a few times but it’s extremely annoying.

drnimrod

Reaction score
Wireless Carplay with my iPhone 13 and iOS 15 has been rock solid. Heck, it's quicker to connect and more reliable than the wired Carplay was in my Gen2.
That makes sense. The max speed of iPhone lightning USB is something like 480mbps, and requires initializing once connected, which causes some delays. Max speed of the wireless connectivity in the Raptor is 5Ghz range, which is around 1400mbps, and is connected automatically.