Gen 3 2021 Ford Raptor with 37's has a different frame, than 2021 Raptor with 35's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ICUGAZN

Reaction score
The question is whether the Raptor on 35s has a different frame than the Raptor package with 37s. The greater question then is whether you can get the 35s and then add 37s, along with other required/recommended changes, for cheaper than the 37s package. No one can say for sure since we don't have pricing yet. However, that question becomes even more important since Ford wants to throw in blue/orange styling, recaro seats, alcantaro...with the 37s package. I can see a lot of people preferring to go with the thier own 37s, getting some of the 37s package parts, a tire carrier for the spare, etc...rather than looking at an interior they don't like. Then again, it might be cheaper to go with the 37s package and get aftermarket seats.
Yes the 37 package frame is different than the 35 frame. It accommodates the 37 in spare. If you get the 35 frame and upgrade to 37s, your spare holder will only accommodate a 35" spare.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score

It’s pretty cool actually that this next gen F150 platform looks so much like the previous one, my 2020 Rappy won’t look too dated right off the bat like what typically happens when you buy the last model year of outgoing design.

I think the gen2 looks like a “newer Raptor” than the gen3 though if that makes any sense, it’s almost like the gen3 has more subdued styling ESPECIALLY compared to the standard gen3 F150

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It’s pretty cool actually that this next gen F150 platform looks so much like the previous one, my 2020 Rappy won’t look too dated right off the bat like what typically happens when you buy the last model year of outgoing design.

I think the gen2 looks like a “newer Raptor” than the gen3 though if that makes any sense, it’s almost like the gen3 has more subdued styling ESPECIALLY compared to the standard gen3 F150

By way of comparison, I have a seen a handful of 21' F15Os on the road now, and honestly, they come off as rather bland overall. They don't stand out at all, and I actually they would based on pics. You can get a more impressive looking truck by switching out the wheels on a 20' then you can by getting a standard 21', IMO. That's not to say I don't like it, but I don't think many are going to upgrade for the new look alone.

I am starting to get the same feeling for the Raptor. While I think they took a few more risks then on the standard F150, it could come off as more bland, and I might have a better looking truck by getting new wheels then I would by upgrading....much cheaper too. There are some good feature upgrades with the 37s, exhaust, rear shocks...but some drawbacks as well. A big part of me think it makes sense to wait...partially because they may fix some the drawbacks and better pricing, but also because I think they could add some significant new features mid-generation cycle to make it more compelling. Best to enjoy the Gen 2 for a couple more years and see what happens.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think it's a lot less than 10%

it’s a low enough # that the bean counters decided to toss it, so it’s low....considering they also recently invested $$$$ on new sheet metal presses to accommodate the aluminum body vehicles