Gen 3 2021 Ford Raptor with 37's has a different frame, than 2021 Raptor with 35's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you know when the model changed? I have a BAK Revolver 4 on my 2019. It is in really good condition. I went to their website and mine says it fits the 2020, but not a 2021.

https://realtruck.com/p/bak-revolve...pUZYo1gQzDVC5DbNy9MPKmxbOxOmWhgEaAoRPEALw_wcB

https://www.americantrucks.com/f150-bed-covers-tonneau-covers-2021.html

It's going to fit. Either way, I wouldn't let the cover effect your decision. Take it off before you trade in. If it fits, as it 99% likely it will, you're good. If not then you'll get more for it selling alone than you would throwing it in with your trade in.

gobluejd

HAIL!!!
Reaction score

Dacam

Reaction score
That’s great! I can swap over my MX4, but also wondering about my Fifteen52 wheels?

JefferyGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunate they're forcing you to get that gross blue interior if you want the 37s. That's the only fail I see with this new design. Black interior with 37s, I'll take it. But I'm going to have to pass on the 37s because I couldn't handle sitting in that 70s pimp blue.

Just wait. 2024 you will not need to get all the fru fru with the 37.

JefferyGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why a different frame for the Raptor 37? To manage the forces created by the larger tires, Ford has added reinforcement to areas of the frame such as where the rear jounce bumpers mount. The company also needed to make changes to a rear crossmember and the spare tire winch mounting plate in order to adequately fit a full-size 37-inch spare under the bed. All 2021 Raptors get a uniquely designed trailer hitch, which was needed to clear the 37-inch spare tire.

MrTorque

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why a different frame for the Raptor 37? To manage the forces created by the larger tires, Ford has added reinforcement to areas of the frame such as where the rear jounce bumpers mount. The company also needed to make changes to a rear crossmember and the spare tire winch mounting plate in order to adequately fit a full-size 37-inch spare under the bed. All 2021 Raptors get a uniquely designed trailer hitch, which was needed to clear the 37-inch spare tire.

The only part of the frame that is different for the 37 is the rear spare tire area... the shock mounts are same for 35 and 37

gobluejd

HAIL!!!
Reaction score
The only part of the frame that is different for the 37 is the rear spare tire area... the shock mounts are same for 35 and 37
Doesn’t matter. They were not going to sell you a truck with 37’s and have to put spare in bed of truck. From a engineering POV, this makes sense.

STiago1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford is interested in taking some of the aftermarket offering and add them to factory offering. They know people spend thousands of dollars to mod their trucks, so why not pay that money to ford for what they properly engineer, develop and test. The partnership with rigid industries is an example they know 90% of the raptors get some kind of fog lights installed to that bumper space so here it is offered from factory. I would say it saves time and some money to have that options from factory as with 37