Gen 2 Tailgate Badging

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Can someone educate me on the different tailgate badging for the Gen 2?

Obviously there is the tailgate with appliqué, and the tailgate without. But how come I see some no-appliqué tailgates with the “f-150” stamp, and some that do not have the stamp? Was the s factory option as well, a change that happened at a certain model year, or is that just an f150 replacement tailgate with raptor badging?

Thanks!

BBR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did you buy it new?
Nope, bought from original owner.
Maybe it was replaced or maybe late 18 production, i don't have build date in front of me.
Could just be a ford screw up, when i was a kid my neighbors car was delivered new with two Fairmont badges on the trunk lid lol.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Actually now that I think about it, I'm almost positive the F150 stamp was started in 2018... I remember that being one way to differentiate a 2017 from a 2018...

ayoustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking at 2018 F150s for sale and they all have the stamped F150 tailgate. Could have been a mid year change that Ford slipped in but I think since applique deletes are pretty uncommon it's not something that many Raptor guys really noticed.