GEN 2 [GEN 2] Raptor, I expect to be a beast.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You're not the only one! I have the exact same feeling. I think some of it has to be a thing of "been there, done that". Since I have a raptor now, I think some of the excitement is diminished. BUT I also think that the kid in you gets exited about a big ass V8 that sounds mean...and styling that is aggressive and as someone else said, looks almost like a hot wheels truck or A Tonka truck that you had when you were a kid. The styling of the new truck just doesn't excite me either, at least from pictures. I will reserve some judgment until I see the truck in person and can drive it. Time will tell, but I think us guys with the gen 1's are sitting pretty. We can just sit back and watch and see how good they are....if they are better than ours. And maybe...just maybe, they'll release a V8 in future years. One can dream, right?

I think you nailed how a lot of us current Raptor owners are feeling! There may still be some excitement to see a gen2 come out but then again when you're currently driving the baddest truck on the planet ripping across the desert at 80 mph hearing your beast roar and snort, it's hard to get super excited about the gen2.

At the same time I don't want to diminish the excitement for the future gen2 owners (especially if they've never owned a Raptor). Even part of me is still excited to see a gen2 coming out. Thankful in fact, that an automaker is still allowed and is willing to make a vehicle like this. And like you said, we can just sit back and watch. If everyone raves about them, maybe I'll pick up a gen2 to have one of each. Anything is possible. Good place to be in!

Last edited:

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
I have a problem and I don't think I'll be able to hold off from getting one when they are first released, with or without a V8. I have a feeling she's gonna be a bad bitch in person and I'll have to get one

#whatareicons

Xwelder

Reaction score
BUT I also think that the kid in you gets exited about a big ass V8 that sounds mean...and styling that is aggressive and as someone else said, looks almost like a hot wheels truck or A Tonka truck that you had when you were a kid.

I think that pretty much nails it. This is 'Merica, after all. We like big engines. Just look at the popularity of the Harley Davidson. No one can argue that the Japanese bike manufacturers make a more efficient, faster motorcycle, but it just ain't a Harley. I feel the same way about the new Raptor. The charts, spreadsheets, etc will prove that the eco-boost V-6 is an upgrade from our 6.2's, but I don't care. I want a big V8 in a truck like this. Time will tell, but I believe our Gen 1's will prove to be the more sought after versions years from now...unless Ford ends up with a V8 option later.

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think that pretty much nails it. This is 'Merica, after all. We like big engines. Just look at the popularity of the Harley Davidson. No one can argue that the Japanese bike manufacturers make a more efficient, faster motorcycle, but it just ain't a Harley. I feel the same way about the new Raptor. The charts, spreadsheets, etc will prove that the eco-boost V-6 is an upgrade from our 6.2's, but I don't care. I want a big V8 in a truck like this. Time will tell, but I believe our Gen 1's will prove to be the more sought after versions years from now...unless Ford ends up with a V8 option later.

I always thought this statement by Sonny Barger was funny - Quote: "In terms of pure work-manship, personally I don't like Harleys. I ride them because I'm in the club, and that's the image, but if I could I would seriously consider riding a Honda ST1100 or a BMW. We really missed the boat not switching over to the Japanese models when they began building bigger bikes. I'll usually say "**** Harley-Davidson." ”
— - Ralph "Sonny" Barger, Hell's Angel [5]

LSBRaptor

Reaction score
There are many different reason I think I will be awesome, here is a few from a raptor prospect:

1a.) The [GEN 2] 3.5L EcoBoost. Yes [GEN 1] had misfire issues after modifications but it was the first EcoBoost engine Ford built. I had a 6.0L powerstroke had some issues but was a great engine.

1b.) With the [GEN 2] high out put I would expect it to be similar to the new high out put 3.5L EcoBoost in the 2016 Ford GT if not the same engine. With the power not being a problem, it is mainly not having the sound of the 6.2L V8. which I understand, but if you need more grunt then upgrade the exhaust system.

(if you do believe me that the ecoboost raptor is going to be amazing then check out the SDHQ Eco-Raptor.

https://youtu.be/wYWE11Oo5rg

2.) The 10 Speed transmission. Ford needed a new transmission for better control, and it will help with the MPG's. Adding the paddle shifter is going to help with the control with a better location.

3.) the looks. the [GEN 1] looked amazing, but you cant deny that the [GEN 2] tops the last GEN on looks.

4.) the terrain management system is going to be good, I think it will have to be put to its paces to find out how good it is.

Overall, personally I think if you already own a Raptor the excitement and hype are just not there because you just love your truck. I there are going to be some people that hate the truck because hate that they don't have it (which I don't think any of those people are on this form). If your upgrading you might miss the sound of the V8 but not the power.

I have a plan of when I am going to get mine, main because I don't want to have to pay the bank mainly pay all the extra interest and I love buying new. I plan on getting a 2020 Raptor at the end of 2019 or in 2020. because any issues will be put to light at the time and that is when I should have enough cash to walk in the dealership and say shut-up and give me the lightning blue one in a respectful way.

Status
Not open for further replies.