gen 2 key fob

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to purchase a Bolt brand hitch lock which uses the lazer cut key inside the key fob 2017 model.When I open the fob guess what no key. So I called my wife who has the spare key fob with the valet key attached on a key ring .Her's had the key inside.I have never opened the key fob before had always used the fob to open and lock the truck. Well I went to the dealer where I bought the truck they claim the valet key is the spare key and to get another one made would cost $25 for the key and another $25 to get it cut.That's fxxxing nuts. So would somebody who owns a 2017 please check to see if you have a key inside both your fobs and let me know. I think they are trying to blow smoke up my ass thanks

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had keys in both and the valet key.
I bought the new 2018 fob and my dealer cut it at no cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WV Dual Sport

Reaction score
Slightly off topic here, but how is the spare a Valet key? Sure they could drive off your running truck and park it, but they sure can't store it, then later retrieve your truck without the fob, right?

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It should have a key. Yours is definitely missing. From the dealers
perspective its hard to say you didn’t just loose it but from a customer service perspective they should just make it right. At least meet in the middle and ask for it at cost if nothing else.

OP
OP
Chas

Chas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys I still think they where just trying to blow me off. I will take the key out of my wife's key fob and let her keep the valet key for now.

traxem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get a blank Ford key on eBay for less than $10. Most locksmith can cut it for you for less than what the dealer charges.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 2018 fobs both have the spare key and I have the gold valet key from the dealer. They were included at no charge, if you don't take into account the price I paid for the truck. :rolleyes:

traxem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What does the gold key look like? I don’t think I got one.

Also, I have the Intelligent Access Key (push to start) if that makes a difference. I’m not sure if all Raptors come with it.

Last edited: