GEN 2 AUX 5 FUSE KEEPS BLOWING

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GabrielM619

Reaction score
I have a BD squadron chase light that draws 2amps wired to my AUX 5 ... but its been Blowing up the fuse and can't seem to figure out why... any suggestions will be much appreciate it!

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF. Please post pictures of said prius with AUX 5 switch.

Which squadron are you running? The sports draw 2.2a EACH. So on initial turn on it might spike a bit more.

How do you have them wired? Where is the ground? Are you using the BD harness with the relay?

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I would ask if you are using a relay also. I have two Squadron R SAE yellow fogs on aux 6, same amp rating as aux 5, no issue.

OP
OP
G

GabrielM619

Reaction score
Welcome to FRF. Please post pictures of said prius with AUX 5 switch.

Which squadron are you running? The sports draw 2.2a EACH. So on initial turn on it might spike a bit more.

How do you have them wired? Where is the ground? Are you using the BD harness with the relay?
sorry i didn't was specific ...i have a 2020 ford raptor, running the baja designs squadron (only 1) on my auxiliary switches which is a 5A and will run for like 15 mins and then the fuse blows

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
sorry i didn't was specific ...i have a 2020 ford raptor, running the baja designs squadron (only 1) on my auxiliary switches which is a 5A and will run for like 15 mins and then the fuse blows

How do you have the lights wired? How are they grounded?

OP
OP
G

GabrielM619

Reaction score
How do you have the lights wired? How are they grounded?
1 single BD SQ SPORT on 14g wire, wired to AUX 5, grounded separately, from my other BD xl80s

Guessing wire might have a cut or something, checked my ground and seems fine ...

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Run the ground to a body ground, not to another light ground. And yes, also check to make sure the power wire didn't get pinched causing a short.