Gen 1 v Gen 2 v Ranger Raptor Drag Race

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CigarPundit

On the road to serfdom...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry to have wasted your time. However I’ve heard many a sport fan compare different sports, about how boring baseball is to watch, how long the last few minutes of a basketball game can be, how slow football is now with so called instant replay.

I didn’t hear them say the tuned Gen2 had upgraded brakes. If not, the performance of the Gen1 and Ranger was poor to say the least. And I’m a Gen1 fan.

Well I enjoyed it. Not surprised but the results, but I enjoyed it.

dnewman

Reaction score
It sad they had to tune up a gen2 with 70 more hp to compete and upgraded brakes do stock for stock see what happens

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Gen 2 has a twin turbo, of course it beats the Gen 1. Now put that Gen 2 up against a supercharged Gen 1 and watch what happens.

Now put that Gen 1 supercharged up against a tuned, full bolt-on Gen 2 &..... well, it gets its ass beat yet again lol. Apples to Apples is stock vs stock or FBO VS FBO... not a blower vs stock lol.

I could literally say “That Gen 1 has a 6.2L & the Gen 2 has a 3.5L” to argue your point of the Gen 2 having a twin turbo lol... So you gonna add another 2.9L on top of the 6.2L to compete with the lil ole 3.5L twin turbo? [emoji196]☕

Video for reference:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Again, who knows what Procharger kit and Tune the Gen 1 has.

But I'm liking this truck even though it's not a raptor and he's running E85

Last edited:

deadlysilent

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now put that Gen 1 supercharged up against a tuned, full bolt-on Gen 2 &..... well, it gets its ass beat yet again lol. Apples to Apples is stock vs stock or FBO VS FBO... not a blower vs stock lol.

Video for reference:

That’s like saying put a 3.5L NA motor in a raptor against a 6.2L NA motor. Just lame and would be a pathetic race.

Of course the forced induction is going to have an advantage. Look at the performance numbers before tunes or anything is upgraded.

In the end they’re two completely different trucks (Gen1 vs Gen2). Don’t like it, but a Chevy.

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Again, who knows what Procharger kit and Tune the Gen 1 has.

Which then goes to my apples to apples argument. A supercharger isn’t considered an FBO mod; therefore it still isn’t apples to apples. The Gen 2 is tuned with basic bolt-ons...So a fair comparison would be a tune, cai, exhaust vs. the same. Even with a SC vs FBO argument, the Gen 2 still wins though. [emoji196]☕

People forget that weight plays a role (Gen 2 is lighter) as well as the transmission, etc. ... Stop trying to make the Gen 1 more than what it is. It’s an archaic 2V SOHC engine... the Gen 2 literally is better than the Gen 1 in every category minus the “sound” department. I had both. I had a supercharged 6.2L. Calm down with your outdated toys.

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s like saying put a 3.5L NA motor in a raptor against a 6.2L NA motor. Just lame and would be a pathetic race.

Of course the forced induction is going to have an advantage. Look at the performance numbers before tunes or anything is upgraded.

In the end they’re two completely different trucks (Gen1 vs Gen2). Don’t like it, but a Chevy.

No, it’s saying put stock vs stock. Not “now put a supercharger on the 6.2L & leave the Gen 2 completely stock.” lol A tuned FBO Gen 2 still beats a supercharged 6.2L (refer to video posted), which y’all consider the even playing field sooo.. again, what’s y’alls point? Gen 2 > Gen 1 still unless of course you deem a fully stock Gen 2 vs a supercharged 6.2L is a fair comparison. Stock for stock is literally the fairest comparison for any two vehicles... if you deem it unfair somehow, that means the other vehicle is obviously better. If one uses better components, better design, etc... IT COMES THAT WAY STOCK. Anybody can LS Swap a fox body & beat a supercar... that’s not apples to apples. If your buddy has a stroked out 6.6L Gen 1 from Livernois with a Whipple.. I’m sure it’ll spank most, if not any, Gen 2... we’re obviously talking typical modification routes taken here though.

Plus, comparing an engine designed with the intention of being boosted (3.5L = lower compression) & one designed with the intention of being NA (6.2L = higher compression) by making both NA is just heinous.... well, let’s run the 6.2L without 2 cylinders then to even the playing fields. [emoji854]

Last edited: