Gen 1 v Gen 2 v Ranger Raptor Drag Race

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deadlysilent

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, it’s saying put stock vs stock. Not “now put a supercharger on the 6.2L & leave the Gen 2 completely stock.” lol A tuned FBO Gen 2 still beats a supercharged 6.2L (refer to video posted), which y’all consider the even playing field sooo.. again, what’s y’alls point? Gen 2 > Gen 1 still unless of course you deem a fully stock Gen 2 vs a supercharged 6.2L is a fair comparison.

Plus, comparing an engine designed with the intention of being boosted (3.5L = lower compression) & one designed with the intention of being NA (6.2L = higher compression) by making both NA is just heinous.... well, let’s run the 6.2L without 2 cylinders then to even the playing fields. [emoji854]
It’s okay, you obviously don’t understand what I’m trying to say.

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s okay, you obviously don’t understand what I’m trying to say.

You’re saying that for the Gen 1 to have any fighting chance, it has to add an addition 2+L to it’s already “behemoth” (you like that ego stroke don’t you) 6.2L engine.. I get it. What you don’t get is that’s not considered an apples to apples comparison. Stock vs Stock, CAI vs. CAI, FBO vs. FBO would be fair. BUTTT, even with an unfair comparison of SC vs FBO, the Gen 2 still wins...

Also, your buddy first said “well they needed a 70HP tune to beat the Gen 1”... I then showed him not at all with the vid of a stock for stock comparison & the Gen 1 getting spanked. He them said “BuT iTs GoT a TwIn TuRbO!” so put a SC on the 6.2L & then see what happens.. so stock vs. SC?! Really? So I then rebutted with a bolt-on/tuned vs SCd & the outcome was still a Gen 2 winning.

What am I missing here? Do explain. The Gen 1 needs a handicap to win something? You are delirious if you think the Gen 1 is better still...

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why you mad WHYUMAD?

Didn't the right SC on your 6.2L

No, I got rid of that obsolete vehicle what... 5 years ago? Moved on to better things.

I enjoyed my procharged setup very much actually... But you’re right, shoulda put a Whipple on so I can heat soak all the time. [emoji854]

I’ll wait for all these Gen 1 leg humpers to come out of the wood works swearing theirs is the fastest baja runner ourt there with their dyno sheets showing 30+ more hp than another one (on a different dyno calibrated differently, different conditions, etc.) You can flail your arms around all you want with a piece of paper on the internet.. the proof is in the YouTube obviously. [emoji8]

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I forgot, MTF is the delusional Whipple owner that made false claims on a previous thread about procharger setups not making nearly as much power as Whipple setups ... [emoji23]

Your Whipple Gen 1 is a godsend. I forgot. sorry oh great one. [emoji854]

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I never made a false claim, like I stated before I never saw numbers posted that high for a Procharger.
The Procharger kits only had 600 fwhp, when I was considering getting the kit back in 2011, and never looked back.

I'm not going to get nasty like you, I'm not mad. LMAF
I like a lot of things about the Gen 2 just not the 6 cylinder part.

deadlysilent

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You’re saying that for the Gen 1 to have any fighting chance, it has to add an addition 2+L to it’s already “behemoth” (you like that ego stroke don’t you) 6.2L engine.. I get it. What you don’t get is that’s not considered an apples to apples comparison. Stock vs Stock, CAI vs. CAI, FBO vs. FBO would be fair. BUTTT, even with an unfair comparison of SC vs FBO, the Gen 2 still wins...

Also, your buddy first said “well they needed a 70HP tune to beat the Gen 1”... I then showed him not at all with the vid of a stock for stock comparison & the Gen 1 getting spanked. He them said “BuT iTs GoT a TwIn TuRbO!” so put a SC on the 6.2L & then see what happens.. so stock vs. SC?! Really? So I then rebutted with a bolt-on/tuned vs SCd & the outcome was still a Gen 2 winning.

What am I missing here? Do explain. The Gen 1 needs a handicap to win something? You are delirious if you think the Gen 1 is better still...
Haha, I’m surprised your head fits inside the can of your truck. Too bad the Gen2 didn’t come as a T-top option.

You obviously didn’t understand based on your response. I didn’t say any of those things.

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never made a false claim, like I stated before I never saw numbers posted that high for a Procharger.
The Procharger kits only had 600 fwhp, when I was considering getting the kit back in 2011, and never looked back.

I'm not going to get nasty like you, I'm not mad. LMAF
I like a lot of things about the Gen 2 just not the 6 cylinder part.

I’m not getting nasty, I’m being realistic. You talked out your ass on something you didn’t have a clue about (since you are claiming “In 2011” when it’s 2019 now sooo) because what you have is so special & the best of course...

But yes, I’m so angry... really I am just perplexed at how far the Gen 1 guys heads are up their asses. It’s almost like the terminator vs. GT500 feud back in the day. At least on the Lambo forums the Murcielago owners know their place... jeez. I’ll go be mad some more now.