Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
TexasWFraptor

TexasWFraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Perfect! Thanks again I really appreciate ya I will be looking into the bracket and would it fit 37s with no other adjustments?

the bracket looks hella cool anyway

OP
OP
TexasWFraptor

TexasWFraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What exactly does that Khc bracket do function wise I know the gen2 shock is longer etc but if I do this bracket what am I getting out of it?

Just trying to learn as I go dude sorry for all the questions.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you go with the conversion brackets from KHC you will have to have a welder install them, preferably a shop well known that works on raptors. It's not something you will get done at your local Ford dealer. This kit will allow you to take advantage of the full travel of the gen 2 shock/coil overs.
https://krazyhousecustoms.com/gen-1-raptor-gen-12-f150-gen-2-raptor-coil-over-conversion-buckets/

If you upgrade to 37" tires, you will have to hammer your pinch welds inside the front wheel wells, if they are not done already, there are several hundred threads on here pertaining to achieving this modification, this is the easier of the 2 options you are inquiring about.

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you offroad, might be worth getting gen 1 shocks.
Too much work/trusting the welder/shop that the new brackets are set right/done right etc.

Could stick with the 2.5's for now and then think about 3.0's if you want to start the endless modding lol.

OP
OP
TexasWFraptor

TexasWFraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forgot to mention previous owner said he did the flutter stack when he sent the shocks in for rebuild at forged?

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Your Raptor looks good, the Gen 2 beadlock wheels are a nice touch. I'm not familiar with the tire so not much to say there.

However the suspension on the other hand I do have a little experience with. Gen 2 shocks with Gen 1 springs and top hats, been on my Raptor for 35k miles with zero (0) issues. This mod raises the front 2 inches on the Gen 1. There are several threads on this mod so do some reaearch to educate yourself.

OP
OP
TexasWFraptor

TexasWFraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sooo I’m ready to Rebuild shocks and decided to call Texas shock works about trade in rebuild program I called and told them about this thread because I know nothing about this and gave them the info from this thread that has been discussed about my shocks possibly being gen 2 and making it look to be lifted. I was wondering if that would matter on my shocks I would be sending them. The worker that answered was awesome and I sent him pics that I posted on this thread and this was his Response just letting y’all know where I’m at.

Yes those are gen 1 shocks. They are installed backwards due to a large leveling kit (spacer) installed. If you place an order on our website you are good to go.
You will need to purchase new strut mounts (on top of the coil spring) as these are typically cut when a leveling kit is installed.
When you install the new shocks the SVT on the blue color should be facing forward.

OP
OP
TexasWFraptor

TexasWFraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this thread should prob be moved to suspension I apologize but after my
Previous post and what the guy said at tsw I’m curious as to what the price range should be to remove the lift (spacer) I want it off ASAP. I know most of y’all would diy but I don’t have confidence or tools lol. How much should a shop charge for removing just curious and will i have to buy new strut mounts or anything else.

I’m going to be getting new shocks set at mid perch in the future....

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Removing the front shocks is a little involved. I'm not sure what the book hours are, call your favorite shop for a quote. Its basically the same as replacing shocks time wise. If the TSW people are correct about the mounts being cut you will have to get those replaced. Its very likely you will need an alignment after.