GEN 1 6.2L Twin Turbo System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FiveOsvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was talking about you, thought you had upp do the work and they blew your engine then you went with liverniors 6.6 whipple. Just going based on your old thread.
I actually read through that thread earlier. Made me not want to run twin turbos thags for sure.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

Cristian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually read through that thread earlier. Made me not want to run twin turbos thags for sure.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk
Exactly, don’t get me wrong I would love to get a tt setup working properly on the 6.2 but it’s just not built for boost any boost creep or bad tuning say goodbye to your motor. There’s a reason why you don’t see ppl running them

OP
OP
SD_Plat

SD_Plat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was talking about you, thought you had upp do the work and they blew your engine then you went with liverniors 6.6 whipple. Just going based on your old thread.

ah... yes. That’s true. I was trying to make this work on a superduty platform though. The tuning is totally different.

Livernois is the only shop with the software that can tune a superduty (with boost). The raptor is a more ‘mainstream’ platform so there are a multitude of tuners that can access the requisite parameters.

II Sevv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Although it makes boost differently, at it’s core a turbo setup affects the engine no differently from a supercharger setup (besides the fact that a supercharger produces a parasitic loss). Air is getting forced into the engine in exactly the same way. I’ve had 1000 horsepower big turbo cars that produced perfect boost numbers and fuel/air mixtures 100% of the time. You’re not blowing up your motor “because it’s a turbo” you’re blowing up your motor because who ever installed it didn’t give you a proper boost control and waste gate system and didn’t tune it properly.

OP
OP
SD_Plat

SD_Plat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and didn’t tune it properly.

correct. And the software to tune a superduty (F350) is (was) not as advanced with respect to the ability to access all parameters and code as the F150 (raptor) platform.

II Sevv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
correct. And the software to tune a superduty (F350) is (was) not as advanced with respect to the ability to access all parameters and code as the F150 (raptor) platform.
I’m not surprised, as the superduty ECU provides boost control parameters stock as well as a greater degree of fuel and timing control because the diesels are obviously turbocharged from factory. As an aside, really cool truck though

BlueOvalF22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m not surprised, as the superduty ECU provides boost control parameters stock as well as a greater degree of fuel and timing control because the diesels are obviously turbocharged from factory. As an aside, really cool truck though

He had a gas 6.2 superduty.

Different ECU than a 6.7 Scorpion diesel and different than a 6.2 gas raptor. I've had both.

Status
Not open for further replies.