Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am EXTREMELY curious about your RoadMaster experience. I am planning to pull a trailer overlanding around the country.
The Roadmaster seemed to fit the bill but not a lot of reviews from people with actual off road trucks. Curious if you've run is hard off road with them?
The mounting style makes it seem a little sketchy if you were to jump it. Say one post where a guy had them come undone where they hook onto the rear shackle. Just wondering if you've put the truck through it's paces with the Roadmasters installed and if you've towed with them?

I am the one who tried the Roadmaster setup and they failed multiple times with a loud bang that sounded like a shotgun blast in my wheel well. I am also running Deaver +3s and both sides popped off the rear shackle more than once under normal everyday driving without trying to jump my truck. Luckily I talked to Roadmaster to explain what I was trying to do before I bought them, so they gave me a full refund minus the shipping cost back to their location.

SMPRAPTOR

Reaction score
Ive noticed after having my Geiser springs installed, Im getting a "Clunking" noise when I go over small bumps like a speed bump. It almost sounds like the shock is "topping out" if that makes sense. I dont see any interference marks, so I dont know where its coming from. Anyone have a clue?

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive noticed after having my Geiser springs installed, Im getting a "Clunking" noise when I go over small bumps like a speed bump. It almost sounds like the shock is "topping out" if that makes sense. I dont see any interference marks, so I dont know where its coming from. Anyone have a clue?

Could the stiffer spring be causing a stronger rebound that the shock is not fully controlling?

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like a spring may not be seated correctly. There’s an isolator on top thats sandwiches in between the spring and top of the shock. Also at the bottom in the perch area the spring should be twisted fully into it. I’ve heard of several people having this problem and either needed the springs redone or waited until maybe they seated themselves. But you shouldn’t have to wait for the later if done correctly.

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am the one who tried the Roadmaster setup and they failed multiple times with a loud bang that sounded like a shotgun blast in my wheel well. I am also running Deaver +3s and both sides popped off the rear shackle more than once under normal everyday driving without trying to jump my truck. Luckily I talked to Roadmaster to explain what I was trying to do before I bought them, so they gave me a full refund minus the shipping cost back to their location.

So was it the Deaver's that caused the problem? If you used them on stock springs do you think it would have worked ok for towing and off road?

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So was it the Deaver's that caused the problem? If you used them on stock springs do you think it would have worked ok for towing and off road?

Yes, my issue was definitely related to the different arc of the Deaver +3s vs the standard Raptor leaf springs. I felt they would have worked fine for towing and light off roading on a stock Raptor.

However, if you plan to fully articulate your leafs while jumping or rock crawling, the design of the Roadmaster will almost certainly lead to them popping off at the rear. In other words, the static curvature of the Deaver +3s is less than standard Raptor leafs at full droop. Mine came off under almost zero compression or droop... :confused: :mad:

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, my issue was definitely related to the different arc of the Deaver +3s vs the standard Raptor leaf springs. I felt they would have worked fine for towing and light off roading on a stock Raptor.

However, if you plan to fully articulate your leafs while jumping or rock crawling, the design of the Roadmaster will almost certainly lead to them popping off at the rear. In other words, the static curvature of the Deaver +3s is less than standard Raptor leafs at full droop. Mine came off under almost zero compression or droop... :confused: :mad:

Appreciate the feedback. Final question....Why would you need the Roadmaster if your using Deaver +3. I've heard from people on here that the Deaver's resolve ALL issues. Yes I know most people on here are full of it but still curious about your experience and why you would need something in addition to the upgraded springs.