Gear Number/Status on dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I actually miss that on my 23. That's what I loved about my 18 and 19.

It displayed the gears and you could remove say, gears 7-10 and just use 1-6 with the paddles.

It was much more "knowledgeable" driver friendly but I could see a bunch of mall crawlers rolling into the dealers saying their truck skipped gears or would only shift into 2nd.

BIGW0RM

Highest Access Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Id like to see what gear auto is in too. Mine seems to rapid shift 4-5-6. I hear mine shift into 2, 3rd, but come 4-5-6 is feels like a centrifugal clutch. The middle gears seem to rolling into each other rapidly. Its very strange feeling to me.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 23 feels a tad smoother now that I can’t endlessly monitor the mess of gear changes like my 2020. Still the same dumb transmission, but it is a bit less terrible. Worst part about these trucks 100%.

BIGW0RM

Highest Access Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also wish the programmed the transmission with kick down. Where you WOT and downshift one time and it will automatically pick the best gear and sling shot. I also think its lame that we cant manually shift from the shift knob while in manual mode.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I also wish the programmed the transmission with kick down. Where you WOT and downshift one time and it will automatically pick the best gear and sling shot. I also think its lame that we cant manually shift from the shift knob while in manual mode.
Naaaw @BIGW0RM, they want you @ 10 & 2…lol

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
My 23 feels a tad smoother now that I can’t endlessly monitor the mess of gear changes like my 2020. Still the same dumb transmission, but it is a bit less terrible. Worst part about these trucks 100%.

I believe the Gen3 doesn't skip gears like Gen2. Certainly smoother.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I think I still feel a gear 2 skip, but it seems to go through all the gears other than 2. Hard to tell. It is certainly smoother than my 2020.