Gear Change Information Please to 4.88's!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am about to put 37 BFG AT"S on(YES I got some delivered today! Ordered last Friday) and I would like to hear from some guys who have done this. I have read only a couple of posts on here about it. I am thinking 4.88's. I want more low end power and acceleration. Do not care about the top end, but concerned about high rpm's on highway, and wear on the motor. Can anyone give me some insight? Thanks.

mjyst3

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Goofball

Full Access Member
Reaction score
37's!? I mean cmon... If the truck came with 37's would everybody be going to 39's? The stock size is plenty!

OP
OP
RaptorFlipper

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To each their own. The BFG 37 is really not that big, and the 35 is really more like a 33. Do the measurements. I think there needs to be more tire to fill out the well, plus better offroad. Everyone likes different stuff.

khcdave

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I run 488 with 37s. Great low end and a little over geared on highway. Cruising at 80 2600rpms. Great for power fuel not so much lol. 456 is very close to stock with 37s.

OP
OP
RaptorFlipper

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
khc-very helpful. Any way to help the rpm issue up high with a tune possibly? I bet the truck jumps off the line. Good low end acceleration? At what point do you think the rpm's get to high for normal driving? The majority of my driving is not over 50-60. I work from home and do not travel far much. Is the cruising at the higher rpm's an issue for the motor longevity?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc