Future build on 2012, need input and ideas..... - Ford Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bradyh20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dunno about you guys, but I think the brakes are fine. Sure, my truck doesn't have 600 hp, but what are the real differences?

600 hp doesn't really change how fast you can go. The stock brakes will bring you down from 100 mph plenty quick.

600 hp may mean you're stopping from higher speeds more frequently. So is brake fade the issue? I feel like I've hammered my brakes pretty well, and I've never felt even a hint of fade.

Our brakes were designed for towing situations. I think you'll still have plenty of margin with a 600 hp engine out in the desert. To be fair, though, perhaps you shouldn't test near the grand canyon.

OP
OP
G

groundpoundn2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dunno about you guys, but I think the brakes are fine. Sure, my truck doesn't have 600 hp, but what are the real differences?

600 hp doesn't really change how fast you can go. The stock brakes will bring you down from 100 mph plenty quick.

600 hp may mean you're stopping from higher speeds more frequently. So is brake fade the issue? I feel like I've hammered my brakes pretty well, and I've never felt even a hint of fade.

Our brakes were designed for towing situations. I think you'll still have plenty of margin with a 600 hp engine out in the desert. To be fair, though, perhaps you shouldn't test near the grand canyon.

Well, until you feel the power of 600HP (flywheel or rwhp), it's kind of hard to understand the differences....Also it is not just about how fast you go but how fast you can get there is a big part of it too...not sure about anyone else here but i think it is kind of nice to be able to light up all 4 tires at free will......Like i said before i will give the stock brakes a good testing before changing over, then again Brembo is highest quality IMO and an eye catcher too so win win for me.... No Grand Canyon...Got it......

bradyh20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, until you feel the power of 600HP (flywheel or rwhp), it's kind of hard to understand the differences....Also it is not just about how fast you go but how fast you can get there is a big part of it too...not sure about anyone else here but i think it is kind of nice to be able to light up all 4 tires at free will......Like i said before i will give the stock brakes a good testing before changing over, then again Brembo is highest quality IMO and an eye catcher too so win win for me.... No Grand Canyon...Got it......

I've felt 600 before... just sayin