Future build on 2012, need input and ideas..... - Ford Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i think this truck would be about max usable HP at 600 at the flywheel granted the driving skills are there

If more power is good then lots more power is better :D

600HP in the Raptor is insane but again, more power is better :D It may be unusable but at least you'll have it and (probably) no one else will. :thumbsup:

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Upgrading the transmission, axles and brakes (why does nobody ever uprgade brakes?) would be a good idea too.

Great points BT.

People don't upgrade brakes (IMO) because it's not as "sexy" as 600HP. And most people have never driven a vehicle with outstanding brakes. If they did they'd be much more appreciative and desirous of having great stoppers.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yup. As a causal road course racer I quickly learned the hard way that kickass brakes make you faster. Sounds weird, but its true.

If I had money to burn, that'd be one of the first places I look to upgrade on the Raptor. But having said that, I'm not sure its really needed. There's some serious meat there already, and (although I haven't looked) I bet we could get as good a performance as 99.9% of could want out of nothing more than a different pad, maybe some ss lines and hiperf fluid.

BentToast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yup. As a causal road course racer I quickly learned the hard way that kickass brakes make you faster. Sounds weird, but its true.

If I had money to burn, that'd be one of the first places I look to upgrade on the Raptor. But having said that, I'm not sure its really needed. There's some serious meat there already, and (although I haven't looked) I bet we could get as good a performance as 99.9% of could want out of nothing more than a different pad, maybe some ss lines and hiperf fluid.

True, but you could say the same thing abouth the 6.2's power.

OP
OP
G

groundpoundn2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
(why does nobody ever uprgade brakes?)

Good point but i will need to test them at 600H.P. before considering upgrade.....

OP
OP
G

groundpoundn2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If more power is good then lots more power is better :D

600HP in the Raptor is insane but again, more power is better :D It may be unusable but at least you'll have it and (probably) no one else will. :thumbsup:

Well said my friend, well said.....

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Upgrading the transmission, axles and brakes (why does nobody ever uprgade brakes?) would be a good idea too.

Trans yes although I haven't heard much out the Mustangs as far as breaking things yet.
rear end no the only factory Ford rear end stronger then what comes in our truck is the Super Duty 10.25
brakes ummmm maybe. Our brakes are huge compared to a normal F-150.

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I'm hoping Brembo will come out with pads and rotors soon (They may have I haven't checked) The SDHQ lines aren't that expensive and I'll probably switch to DOT 5.1 brake fluid.