Fumoto is coming to the rescue for that plastic drain plug

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zemuron99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I received an updated email from Fumoto yesterday. See below.

Here's the latest from the Fumoto engineers in Japan -

The final design for the yellow plug replacement valve is scheduled to be complete by mid-September.
Next steps:
  • Make die for the new valve.
  • Round of testing.
  • Production!

Any update, or can you query them again? Fumoto website still not showing anything for those of us w/ '17's.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
still fingers crossed for a fumoto. the ronin one is a pita to get to with skid plates in the way.

i have the ronin and the outer cap was stuck on and i ended up taking it all out like my plastic yellow one.. they should have made the 2 pieces have opposing threads, instead of both turning counter clockwise to unscrew. threading in the drain piece is some work too.

Isn't there an easy way to remove the skid plate to change to oil?

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Isn't there an easy way to remove the skid plate to change to oil?
You don't have to remove the whole skid plate if you don't want to. There's an access panel you can remove to get to the oil filter and another for the drain plug.

OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That access panel in the skid plate is great if you have a lift BUT when you are on your back .. it is a PITA to reach the filter.

I always remove my skid plate as it is just easier and less messy.

You don't have to remove the whole skid plate if you don't want to. There's an access panel you can remove to get to the oil filter and another for the drain plug.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
why are you asking when you don't even have a Raptor? :)
That access panel in the skid plate is great if you have a lift BUT when you are on your back .. it is a PITA to reach the filter.

I always remove my skid plate as it is just easier and less messy.
I have a 2 post lift so I didn't know it could be a PITA. :)

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I thought I saw a n access panel there.