Frustration reading oil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

William Henglein

Reaction score
I went to have my first oil change and they dropped probably about 5 liters. Then added 6 liters. I guess it is normal to burn off a little in a new engine? They showed me the dip stick and it looked like the oil level was above the full line. Since the max line is faint I had a hard time telling if it was above it. I made them drop the skid plate and twice pull oil off of it until the oil level seemed at the full line. Wife’s mercedes never had engine problems until she had an oil change and they over filled it so I’m very paranoid. I guess I’m going to request only 5.7 liters be added at a change. The more they pulled the dipstick the less clear it was. It was like the engine block cause residual oil to remain higher on the stick the more they pulled. Very Frustrating. I’m including a picture of the dip stick to show how ****** the max line is. Can anyone tell me what the holes are for?

BD99841A-0892-47E2-B531-6718C95F5D03.jpeg

Beastmode

Reaction score
Are you having the oil changed at the dealer? If so, write them up on the survey they send you that goes to Ford corporate. I had an issue where they spilled oil and didn’t clean it up and it ended up all over my skid plates and garage floor. I gave the dealer a chance, but didn’t like the Svc Mgr attitude, so I wrote them up. Corporate called the local dealer and they apologized and gave me about $200 worth of maintenance for free.
As far as using oil, I’ve had my ‘17 Raptor for two years and drive it hard and never used a drop. I run full synthetic as you should with any high performance engine. Also, I owned a ‘12 F150 3.5 and it never used oil. I ran synthetic blend in it. Bottom Line: You paid good money for a top of the line vehicle and the service should match!