Frustrated with rubber bed mat......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ickkey

Reaction score
Had my truck bed sprayed with line-x and very happy with it. I do a lot of handy man work and haul bricks, firewood, tools ect... so I picked up a Dee Zee rubber bed mat which helps with preventing dents, dings when you get in a hurry at the end of a long day and start throwing things in the back of the truck trying to get home.

The problem with the Dee Zee bed mat is it likes to curl up on the end and won't stay laying flat. I tried laying it in the sun with something heavy on the end holding it down, but the thing has memory to it and wants to curl back up especially since it's getting cooler out now. It's a pain when your trying to shove some heavy equipment in the back of the truck and the bed mat is all curled up.

So any other rubber mats out there you guys can recommend. I saw the f-150 rubber mat but not all the thrilled with the graphics. I'd like to buy another one, but almost seems like there's one company out that makes these rubber bed mats and they slap Dee Zee, Protecta, Trail FX on the wrapper.......

Any thoughts, thanks

Last edited:

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Try taking a heat gun to the curl and fold it in the opposite direction to give it memory that way.
Don't get to close to burn it but get it nice and hot then let it cool while it's held in the opposite direction.
Worth a try and I've used this method on other things that were made of rubber.
Also will it work if you flip it over? I'm thinking the sun beating on it is helping cause the curl.

FX4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Ford rubber bed mat in my FX4, one day in the sun and it was completely flat. Never had an issue with it rolling up or curling while loading. It's actually a VERY thick, VERY heavy duty mat.. I was surprised for 100 bucks.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
I have the Ford rubber bed mat in my FX4, one day in the sun and it was completely flat. Never had an issue with it rolling up or curling while loading. It's actually a VERY thick, VERY heavy duty mat.. I was surprised for 100 bucks.

x2. ditch the dee zee and buy the F-150 mat from Ford. it's heavy, thick, quality rubber and definitely will not curl up or move because it's perfectly fitted to the bed.

mwright4679

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a mat from amazon i think.... i have never had a problem with it curling up or anything like that.

Where are you located? Might be able to work something out... i wont use it anymore now that i have the rhino liner in mine...

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keep the mat you have, go to home depot/lowes and buy a box of; "Carpet Tape".

Its like super hardcore double sided tape and will hold down anything.

$10..problem solved. :cheers:

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Keep the mat you have, go to home depot/lowes and buy a box of; "Carpet Tape".

Its like super hardcore double sided tape and will hold down anything.

$10..problem solved. :cheers:

When that mat bakes in the sun for a few hours the carpet tape will turn to mush.

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk 2