GEN 2 Front windshield tint for uv/heat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kashoggio

Lives in a van down by the river.
Reaction score
Looking for some feedback from anyone who has their front windshield covered in clear uv film. Looking to cut out some heat from the interior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I first did mine in 70% ceramic which is clear and it made a nice difference in heat reduction, then tried 35% which really cut out the heat and looked badass. After a month with the 35% I switched to 50% because I couldn’t see a damn thing at night. Lol 50% looks good from the outside and is almost as clear looking out as the 70%. No matter which one you go with it’s worth it.

jzweedyk

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think mine is 80% Ceramic. You can't tell it is tinted (cops like that) and it cuts down on the heat quite a bit. It also cuts the glare at night without limiting your vision. From now on, I will do it to all vehicles.

SoxFan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think mine is 80% Ceramic. You can't tell it is tinted (cops like that) and it cuts down on the heat quite a bit. It also cuts the glare at night without limiting your vision. From now on, I will do it to all vehicles.

How does this work with polarized sun glasses? Any distortion?

Vlogger

Reaction score
If you want clear, either Air 80 by llumar or Stratos 70%

Both are great ... Stratos will block a lot more heat

My recommendation is Stratos 50% .. slightly tinted, huge difference in heat and tones down a bit of brightness while in no way being dark.

rsbug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the ceramic including the windshield, very happy with the results. I believe it’s at 70%, like with other comments....too dark and the cops can ticket you. I think it helps with the heat a great deal.

BNAZ

Reaction score
I have 35% on windshield. I have two pairs of polarized sunglasses - one pair has no effect from tint - other pair has a slight rainbow effect at certain angles. Worth it for sure with the heat and glare reduction.