GEN 2 Front Seat Bolsters Blown?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brian22

Reaction score
I've been looking at several used 2017-2019 raptors and half of them have front seats that look a bit squashed. Are the seats in these trucks weak or is it a case of a fat previous owner?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
People damage the bosters by sliding sideways of out them instead of sitting up and stepping out. It tends to be exacerbated in a truck, because you step down to get out instead of standing up like when getting out of a car. Basically they use the bolster as a slide to get down to the running board or ground. Another reason I hate used vehicles.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
So, it’s a truck, not a Corvette. You climb up into it and down out of it; the opposite of a car. The bolsters aren’t prominent to begin with. That said, they’re supremely comfortable. How comfortable?
San Antonio to El Paso on one tank of gas comfortable.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
People damage the bosters by sliding sideways of out them instead of sitting up and stepping out

Hah! My wife was doing this and was starting to grate on Lucille. I asked : “What did Lucille do to you?”
Then, she had the nerve to try and play the bad knee sympathy card!? The chutzpah...

V6Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
People damage the bosters by sliding sideways of out them instead of sitting up and stepping out. It tends to be exacerbated in a truck, because you step down to get out instead of standing up like when getting out of a car. Basically they use the bolster as a slide to get down to the running board or ground. Another reason I hate used vehicles.
Guilty… :rotflmao:

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That also is horrible for the seat material.

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
My Father In Law has a 2020 with 15K and he slides out of the seats. You can see the bolsters are showing signs of wear. I exit mine the proper way and I have no issues. I have nearly 20K. It's all about the how the owners exits. My daughters, wife know they better not slide off of the seats. Stepping out is key.