Front Rock/Bug Protection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What is everyone doing to protect the frontal area, especially the front of the hood from flying rocks, bugs, et cetera? Nothing? Vinyl wrap? Bug shield? ???
Just thinking I'd like some protection up there when I get mine but don't want it to detract from the look of the vehicle. Not looking to spend tons here just something that does the job without detracting from the vehicle. Thoughts???

AndyMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think most do a clear bra (vinyl wrap) if they don't want to change the look of the truck. At least thats what I did right away when I got mine in dec 2012 (can't even hardly see it other than the edge up on the hood where it ends and even that the light has to be right to see it). Here's my truck as it was being installed: http://clearbramn.com/mn/ford-clear-bra/minnesota-ford-raptor-clearbra/

A buddy of mine didn't and within a year had a couple good chips out of the front edge of the hood from flying rocks. I've had mine a full year and no chips yet though it won't protect from something big but its at least a little peace of mind knowing its there.

I don't think they make a bug sheild (deflector) for the Raptor that I know of, and it would probably change the lines and look.

Last edited:
OP
OP
WyoStorm

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I drive wrecklessly and avoid on comming bugs rocks etc...

Ha Ha...I do like that option!

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

I think most do a clear bra (vinyl wrap) if they don't want to change the look of the truck. At least thats what I did right away when I got mine in dec 2012 (can't even hardly see it other than the edge up on the hood where it ends and even that the light has to be right to see it). Here's my truck as it was being installed: Ford Raptor | MidWest Clear Bra

A buddy of mine didn't and within a year had a couple good chips out of the front edge of the hood from flying rocks. I've had mine a full year and no chips yet though it won't protect from something big but its at least a little peace of mind knowing its there.

I don't think they make a bug sheild (deflector) for the Raptor that I know of, and it would probably change the lines and look.

Something along the lines of the 3M VentureShield may be the way to go.

Any others do this or have ideas? Best place to buy? Any of our vendors deal in this?

blockdoc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I went with xpel. It was $400 installed to cover up to the decal, the fronts of the fenders, and the mirrors. Has a 10 year warranty.

The guy that did it was from around Cincinnati, and came recommended to me by a guy that had him do an X7.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha Ha...I do like that option!

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

Something along the lines of the 3M VentureShield may be the way to go.

Any others do this or have ideas? Best place to buy? Any of our vendors deal in this?
i sell both xpel and 3m at my shop, however it might not do you any good since you cant really come to my shop.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
armorcoat

---------- Post added at 01:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 AM ----------

2565-img-3873.jpg

on the hole front you can see it if you look realy close by the head light. I also put it on the rockers.

OP
OP
WyoStorm

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i sell both xpel and 3m at my shop, however it might not do you any good since you cant really come to my shop.

You mean if I buy it from you, you won't drive out here and install it for me? C'mon man!

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 PM ----------

armorcoat

---------- Post added at 01:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 AM ----------

2565-img-3873.jpg

on the hole front you can see it if you look realy close by the head light. I also put it on the rockers.

Have to look into armorcoat.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If it would have been going on a more farm used truck ie throwing stuff in the back I would have done the whole truck. It's a spray on like paint product

OP
OP
WyoStorm

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks like a good product. Watched a couple of their videos and this may the way to go. I also like that they are located in our area (MT). Are you thinking about the SnoBall 500 right now!

Last edited: