Front/Rear Diff Oil Type and Fill Level

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Should be 3-ish for the rear

I’m using same fluid, Amsoil gear oil is great stuff, their ATF makes a noticeable improvement in shift feel every time I swap it out on my manual trans C5Z (yeah sounds odd but Amsoil recommends their synthetic ATF for the Tremec T56) - which made me a real believer in their stuff (on top of engine oil analysis always coming back clean)
You’ve added this the the 10r80 with success?

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You’ve added this the the 10r80 with success?
No I’m just commenting on how I can immediately notice improvement w. Their atf when I swap for fresh in my manual trans vette

But I am not sure if I’d put anything besides what is recommended for the trans, not gonna change my trans fluid until 60-70k miles, I have 45k now

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No I’m just commenting on how I can immediately notice improvement w. Their atf when I swap for fresh in my manual trans vette

But I am not sure if I’d put anything besides what is recommended for the trans, not gonna change my trans fluid until 60-70k miles, I have 45k now
What year is yr vette? Im doing my trans fluid pretty soon on the Rap i have the same milage and was thinking about just using amsoil atf on it.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What year is yr vette? Im doing my trans fluid pretty soon on the Rap i have the same milage and was thinking about just using amsoil atf on it.
2003, I don’t know why the manual Tremec T56 trans calls for ATF, but regardless the Amsoil stuff works great

I would just check on Amsoil’s website whether or not it meets the spec for the 10 speed in the Raptor & if so wouldn’t hesitate to use it, I’m using Amsoil fluid in the rear diff & the T-case, but using ford synthetic for the front diff b/c I had the dealer service it as it’s a much harder job than the t-case or rear diff & I didn’t wanna bother w/ it

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
2003, I don’t know why the manual Tremec T56 trans calls for ATF, but regardless the Amsoil stuff works great

I would just check on Amsoil’s website whether or not it meets the spec for the 10 speed in the Raptor & if so wouldn’t hesitate to use it
Thats crazy we had a 2002 rag top . Great car . I miss it often.

Will check site.