Front lighting with frame-cut bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok, I think I've finally decided on a setup here -

1. Squadron Sport amber in wide cornerning mounted furthest outwards on the bumper (Zone 1)

2. Squadron Sport amber in driving/combo mounted furthest inwards on the bumper (Zone 1 and 3)

3. Squadron Sport amber in spot mounted at the A-pillar (Zone 4)

4. S1 amber in wide cornering mounted at the A-pillar and pointed outwards (Zone 2)

5. Rigid 40" white light bar mounted behind the grille (Zone 1 and 3)

6. Morimoto XB headlights (Zone 3 and 4)

I think this is probably going to be a good setup and should give quite a lot of light. Just need to pick out which A-pillar brackets I want to use for sure as there are many makers available. I would just need to buy the Squadron Sport amber in spot, the S1 amber in wide cornerning, and the Squadron Sport amber driving/combo lenses since I already have them in white.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you go with baja designs you can swap the lens color for not a ton of money. If you order one color and decide you want the other its a simple fix. Just a heads up in case you didn't know that was doable. I went with all amber on this one. I really like the way it tuned out. Three Baja designs LP6 driving combo, two baja squadron wide cornering, and baja design XL's at the pillars in spot.

Are you sure those XL's are spots and not driving/combo? I didn't think they made the XL's in spot in amber.

BlueOvalF22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I think I've finally decided on a setup here -

1. Squadron Sport amber in wide cornerning mounted furthest outwards on the bumper (Zone 1)

2. Squadron Sport amber in driving/combo mounted furthest inwards on the bumper (Zone 1 and 3)

3. Squadron Sport amber in spot mounted at the A-pillar (Zone 4)

4. S1 amber in wide cornering mounted at the A-pillar and pointed outwards (Zone 2)

5. Rigid 40" white light bar mounted behind the grille (Zone 1 and 3)

6. Morimoto XB headlights (Zone 3 and 4)

I think this is probably going to be a good setup and should give quite a lot of light. Just need to pick out which A-pillar brackets I want to use for sure as there are many makers available. I would just need to buy the Squadron Sport amber in spot, the S1 amber in wide cornerning, and the Squadron Sport amber driving/combo lenses since I already have them in white.

I really like my Morimoto XB headlights

I'd look at a pair of round HID

Really good offroad HID, actual engineered HID not refit HID into Halogen. Like the Hella Rallye 4000 HIDs I have. Holy bat signal. The distance, man can they throw light way out there. Seriously zone 51

I just picked up a used Rough country 54-inch bar and brackets. Nowhere near a Baja designs but also have just $150 into it and once the four big HID's are warmed up it's more light than just a BD bar.

I'll just add a pair of amber LP4's to the front and be done with the front.

Amber Rock lights and cargo/bed lights I'll run off a relay triggered by the cargo light.

DMays

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you sure those XL's are spots and not driving/combo? I didn't think they made the XL's in spot in amber.
Just double checked and you’re correct. They are combo. Don’t know why I thought they were spots. They definitely put out some nice light for sure.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just double checked and you’re correct. They are combo. Don’t know why I thought they were spots. They definitely put out some nice light for sure.

Yea, I was checking the website and an earlier post mentioned they didn't offer them in a spot, only driving/combo. I'd imagine they still toss out some serious light though.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Put in the order for the Squadron Sport amber spots, Squadron amber driving/combo lenses, S1 amber wide cornering, and SQHD A-pillar brackets. That should wrap up my forward lighting. Looking forward to getting all those things on and the lights adjusted!

BlueOvalF22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a huge HID fan.

"HIDs really shine in long-distance lighting. If traveling at high speeds off-road is your thing, then HIDs might be the best option for you. Dollar for dollar, an HID will reach out further into the darkness than a comparable LED light in most cases."

I got four used Hella 4000 Rallye Euro beams (pencil beam for distance + some flood). I think you'd need Baja designs bar that cost 5x the $ I spent

Any of you would do well got get these two for sale