Front lighting with frame-cut bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
After sending my current setup into Baja Designs they recommended doing A-pillar mounts with Squadron Pros in wide cornering as it seems the Zone 2 corner/side lighting is what I'm mostly missing at this point. It was recommended afterwards to then decide if there was any need for further spot lighting to cover Zone 4 driving.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Not sure yet for myself. I have combos on the A pillar, but not driven around in the dark yet. Most that put XLs up there switch to spot. You would want the wider beam closer to the ground anyways.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not sure yet for myself. I have combos on the A pillar, but not driven around in the dark yet. Most that put XLs up there switch to spot. You would want the wider beam closer to the ground anyways.

Maybe I should put my driving/combo up on the A-Pillar and change the ones on the bumper to the wide cornerning?

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I disagree with Baja Designs on putting Wide Cornering on your pillars, unless you're needing low speed ditch lights. You may have talked to one of their Toyota guys when you spoke with them, as those guys tend to do the angled out pillar lights in a wide pattern for lighting up the sides of the trails. Most Raptor guys stick to forward facing lighting with the appropriate patterns they need to fill necessary light zones.

Personally, I always go with XL80s in Driving/Combo on my vehicles and that's what I'd recommend for your truck as well; I'd go with Driving/Combo on your A-Pillars and see how that works. Then, if you feel the need, swap the lower lenses.

We have brackets and lights in stock if you'd like us to help with your setup. Feel free to send me a PM.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I disagree with Baja Designs on putting Wide Cornering on your pillars, unless you're needing low speed ditch lights. You may have talked to one of their Toyota guys when you spoke with them, as those guys tend to do the angled out pillar lights in a wide pattern for lighting up the sides of the trails. Most Raptor guys stick to forward facing lighting with the appropriate patterns they need to fill necessary light zones.

Personally, I always go with XL80s in Driving/Combo on my vehicles and that's what I'd recommend for your truck as well; I'd go with Driving/Combo on your A-Pillars and see how that works. Then, if you feel the need, swap the lower lenses.

We have brackets and lights in stock if you'd like us to help with your setup. Feel free to send me a PM.

That's kind of what I'm looking for is something to light up the side/corners for ditch lighting and more low speed operation.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
That's kind of what I'm looking for is something to light up the side/corners for ditch lighting and more low speed operation.
In that case, having lights on A-pillar mounts and angled to the side would be a solid option and I'd agree with Baja Designs.

You could do smaller Squadron lights or larger XL series lights in a Wide Cornering pattern and you'll hit that lighting zone perfectly.

I've got options in stock in wide patterns if we can help, just let me know.