Front lighting with frame-cut bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good place to start. See 8f you like what you already have spent money on, just try in different places.

For sure. I've already got the amber wide cornering lights on the bumper, so I don't think putting a second set of wide cornering down there will do any good. The white driving/combo on the bumper already provide quite a bit of forward lighting as well. I'm thinking it might be a good idea to do driving/combo on the A-pillar as well and just have them properly angled/adjusted so that they are low enough to give the corner lighting from the wide cornering part of the lens but still get some further lighting from the spot part.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In that case, having lights on A-pillar mounts and angled to the side would be a solid option and I'd agree with Baja Designs.

You could do smaller Squadron lights or larger XL series lights in a Wide Cornering pattern and you'll hit that lighting zone perfectly.

I've got options in stock in wide patterns if we can help, just let me know.

Would it make more sense to do a driving/combo for the A-pillar since it would give me decent corner lighting as well as some distance? Just trying to make sure I don't have a ton of glare off the hood either. I'm assuming I could angle them outwards a bit to cover the Zone 2 area well, but still get some longer range lighting out of them.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Would it make more sense to do a driving/combo for the A-pillar since it would give me decent corner lighting as well as some distance? Just trying to make sure I don't have a ton of glare off the hood either. I'm assuming I could angle them outwards a bit to cover the Zone 2 area well, but still get some longer range lighting out of them.
In that case, then it would make sense to go with the driving/combo pattern. It all depends on how far out you're going to angle them.

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's kind of what I'm looking for is something to light up the side/corners for ditch lighting and more low speed operation.
You can always do what I did and can cover both. The S1 are pretty bright for little guys.

Attachments

• 20220805_062729.jpg
    20220805_062729.jpg
    245.7 KB · Views: 9

BlueOvalF22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with these on the A-pillars. They have a set of side projecting LED's

Ditch.JPG

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071DVSVR4/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

They actually are good for the price. This is actualy just the A pillar lights and the LED Halo DRLs

Ditch2.jpg

On the front, I have the big old Hella Rallye HID I got used and updated the ballasts and HID bulbs. Four of them throw really far with the brightest xenon bulbs and new 55w ballasts.

They are the OG HID and they really do hold their aim when you put an Allen wrench to the adjusters. the two red ones actually were on the 1G Roush ran in Baja back in the day.

HIDs.jpg

I've got two Hella 4000 Halogen euro with position lights. I might use those for the "cargo" zone with the position bulb being a bit of a chase light.

I'm considering adding a curved LED bar.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You can always do what I did and can cover both. The S1 are pretty bright for little guys.

Yea, that's not a bad idea at all to go that route too. It's a hard decision between white or amber for some of these lights as well. I know short range amber is generally better to keep the glare down from dust/snow/rain so I'm trying to keep that in mind too. I know the next lights will be A-pillar for sure, just trying to make sure I pick out the appropriate setup.

DMays

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea, that's not a bad idea at all to go that route too. It's a hard decision between white or amber for some of these lights as well. I know short range amber is generally better to keep the glare down from dust/snow/rain so I'm trying to keep that in mind too. I know the next lights will be A-pillar for sure, just trying to make sure I pick out the appropriate setup.
If you go with baja designs you can swap the lens color for not a ton of money. If you order one color and decide you want the other its a simple fix. Just a heads up in case you didn't know that was doable. I went with all amber on this one. I really like the way it tuned out. Three Baja designs LP6 driving combo, two baja squadron wide cornering, and baja design XL's at the pillars in spot.

Attachments

• r.jpeg
    r.jpeg
    229.8 KB · Views: 22
  • baja.jpg
    baja.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 24
OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you go with baja designs you can swap the lens color for not a ton of money. If you order one color and decide you want the other its a simple fix. Just a heads up in case you didn't know that was doable.

Yea, that's the upside is you can swap color and light pattern with just the lens since the light itself is the same otherwise.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you go with baja designs you can swap the lens color for not a ton of money. If you order one color and decide you want the other its a simple fix. Just a heads up in case you didn't know that was doable. I went with all amber on this one. I really like the way it tuned out. Three Baja designs LP6 driving combo, two baja squadron wide cornering, and baja design XL's at the pillars in spot.

You guys are really wanting me to go all amber. lol